Distillate...... Thoughts

• Thread starter DemonTrich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kief sweat

Gave the garbage back to my guy. He turned into distillate. In talks with greywolf about a proper short path kit that's not garbage .

thanks for the reply. did you ever end up getting a cls or does your guy do all your runs? and based on your talks with GW, how much budget do you need to set aside for a proper short path kit? I was looking at the BVV turnkey setup but 6500 is a little steep for them having no reviews on the system imo

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Well, glass is glass. The pump is where the $$ comes into play, and chiller. Welch pump is about 1500 alone.

I plan on doing an etoh extract so I don't have to pay my bho guy 50%. I can't blast where I'm at, residential. I value lives and property more than blasting.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Greywolf recommends a welch 1400 pump. Seen for about 1500-1900.00.

Graywolf

Graywolf

I already have a 2 stage 5cfm pump I use for my purge setup. Not sure if it's up to par. I can go as high as 4k, but would need to source outlets for the end result to justify then expense. Which isn't really all that difficult. Was gonna score a new mini split, but what I have is working now.

I read you can do an ethanol wash (saves me from handing 50% to my bho guy), then distill that. I can do that wash in my shop, vs blasting in a residential area which I won't do.

Email sent

Thanks again
Rotary vane pumps have their uses and limitations. The principle limitation being gear case oil contamination, which varies by process. They worked on our first chambers and ovens purging BHO, but their gear cases rapidly flooded when cold boiling ethanol.

We currently use Welch 2052's on our ovens, which are chemical duty and don't contaminate the discharge stream, so we can use a post pump trap for collection, versus a pre-trap.

We produce high quality concentrates using the QWET process. https://skunkpharmresearch.com/qwet-extraction/
Here is an article on removing the ethanol using a rotovape: https://skunkpharmresearch.com/evaluation-of-heidolph-instruments-hei-vap-precision-ml-g3/

Easy to run small samples to decide how you like it, before springing for a rotovape.

Graywolf

Graywolf

In my past experience using etoh or iso, my end result is a super thick taffy like result. Only occasionally I can get shatter. I believe I'm using too much material, vs the initial solvent. Thus causing a taffy return vs a shatter return. Even after a vac purge, the taffy just get thicker. With this setup, I can bypass paying my guy the 50%, and recoup my costs in about 10 months.

Pic 1 is Cannatonic 4 cbd HP cut flowers, broke down, qwiso wash for 30 seconds. Air dry, scraped and pressed into a thin slab. 52g material, half gallon iso. Winterized, and using frozen material and ice cold iso.

Pic 2 is trim ran many strains. Winterized, using frozen but previously dried material, and ice cold iso. Purged as well.View attachment 676668 View attachment 676669
Purdy pull and snap!

Concentrates from the high CBD strains that we've run, like Cannatonic, were typically looser than high THC strains.

Other things that make them looser is decarboxylation, high monoterpene levels, and residual solvent/water.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

As I piece things together, I'll post them up.

Glass kits with a digital mantle is about 700-900.

Welch 1400 pump is 1500-1900 (brand new).

Water chiller still need to look at. Iirc I found for 2500 or so.

Latest posts

Top Bottom