Ditch Tents, And Go Whole Room? Pros And Cons

• Thread starter racincain
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Purpletrain

Purpletrain

For one you own your house So many ways one could do things but a room is cheap my first room cost me 300 bucks for 2000 watt light kits Mag ballast,
50 bucks for mylar 50 feet long by 13 high
Can't remember 300 - 400 bucks for exhaust fan reg fans had 100's just kicking around staples 2.00 dryer duct couple rolls. 10 bucks or so
i think i spent no more then 800 bucks and had a 13 x 16 room done
room had a secret hidden door when you walked down the stairs to basement the foundation side of the stairs well it looked like that what it was but it was the actual room
I shit you not had cops pay me a visit one tim little did they no they were 5 feet away from 80 plant grow
Owe i was nervous even started frying bacon as they were talking to me to mask any possible MJ smell
After they left i looked over at the wife an Said unfucking real cops were litterally sitting on top of a illegal grow lmao

But anyways fuck yeah pack them tents up think of a stealth room make one in the basement
may take little money and some thought , on how to but nothing beats being able to start a project and complete it nothing beats that feeling
And anyone is able to do anything its not that you can't its why the fuck can't you do it
Hey my name is bob and i like to make stuff :)

Last edited:
racincain

racincain

Someone with Autos!

Did you happen to grow any NL Autos? I have this NL Auto but most that comment on my posts once I say auto I always get the reply "I don't mess with autos" lol.

Just had a question about what to look for on an Auto Feminized that would be different than a Regular Feminized
I haven't tried regular Feminized yet, but want to. But I have seen this in my grows. I'm on my 6th grow, and three grows have been NL. Early Miss, Bubblicious, and my favorite so far is Amnesia Haze. They all three loved my soil, and regiment. But to give my opinion I would say the size of the two. If grown in same conditions. Don't let it stretch, keep it low. I'm in 50/50 HappyFrog and Perlite, and a few other goodies. Because these didn't stretch they look like a regular seed at 1/10 scale. Let them stretch and get popcorn.

racincain

racincain

For one you own your house So many ways one could do things but a room is cheap my first room cost me 300 bucks for 2000 watt light kits Mag ballast,
50 bucks for mylar 50 feet long by 13 high
Can't remember 300 - 400 bucks for exhaust fan reg fans had 100's just kicking around staples 2.00 dryer duct couple rolls. 10 bucks or so
i think i spent no more then 800 bucks and had a 13 x 16 room done
room had a secret hidden door when you walked down the stairs to basement the foundation side of the stairs well it looked like that what it was but it was the actual room
I shit you not had cops pay me a visit one tim little did they no they were 5 feet away from 80 plant grow
Owe i was nervous even started frying bacon as they were talking to me to mask any possible MJ smell
After they left i looked over at the wife an Said unfucking real cops were litterally sitting on top of a illegal grow lmao

But anyways fuck yeah pack them tents up think of a stealth room make one in the basement
may take little money and some thought , on how to but nothing beats being able to start a project and complete it nothing beats that feeling
And anyone is able to do anything its not that you can't its why the fuck can't you do it
Hey my name is bob and i like to make stuff :)

I love my auto's. To learn at that fast pace is awesome. I'm just starting to look into reg's, but love my auto's. We are planning now for the new room. Enjoyed our talk today Bob, my name is Bob also. Have a good evening, and thanks for pushing my button to go for it.

G gnome

G gnome

I have maxed out a 4x8 and 4x4. using a soilless mix, LED's. Growing autos, and learning to grow them well. I have a window AC, and a large dehumidifier. 4x8 stays open 24/7, and right now using the 4x4 as a 12-12 because I had some autos that needed 12-12 to flower, and they are beauties. 2 more weeks on them. I am considering ditching the tents, and getting a few more LEDs, and one more 6in filter, and add more in the future. The room is a 12x12 bedroom. Thought about ripping carpet up, and painting whole room high gloss white. It seems simple. I just feel that I haven't thought of all the challenges I may face. Or should I just buy another 4x8?

I love my auto's. To learn at that fast pace is awesome. I'm just starting to look into reg's, but love my auto's. We are planning now for the new room. Enjoyed our talk today Bob, my name is Bob also. Have a good evening, and thanks for pushing my button to go for it.
Ur gonna get so stoned once u start growin reg seeds instead of autos:)
Is an auto still an auto if it needs 12/12 to flower? Haha

racincain

racincain

Ur gonna get so stoned once u start growin reg seeds instead of autos:)
Is an auto still an auto if it needs 12/12 to flower? Haha
Don't think it is. I read in someone's forum in the past that if it doesn't flower as an auto should, to be patient, then put it in 12-12 and kick back and you will have killer plants on the way. He was right. Auto's will change how you view the world after a good therapy session. Have a good one.

D

Discretepete

Autos have Cannabis Ruderalis genetics intermixed. Most auto strains that I have seen don't develop the tricomes that comes from genetics with Cannabis indica or Cannabis Sativa only. Cannabis without tricomes is like pancakes without syrup....
First picture is a cheese xxl auto that I grew being showcased by dinafem on IG. Second pic is a ruby from autoflower portal that I'm fishing right now, pic from today. The pic is from about a week ago, grape crinkle by Mephisto genetics, autoflower. Mephisto had a strain, alien vs triangle, hit 25% Thc. @mephisto.g has the frostiest trich covered autos. They've come along way and if grown right they hold their own against photoperiods. 100g+ plants are not uncommon with autos and if trained right you can eliminate having popcorn buds. I pulled a pound dry from 4 THC bomb autos in a 2x4 tent in promix HP, 3 gal pots, the fox farms trio, 600w ipower hps. Wasn't the prettiest herewith wise but has tons of trichs and heels yield for everything used. I've been growing then for a year and love em.
Screenshot 2016 09 07 03 04 34
IMG 20160907 160732
IMAG1099

robomont

robomont

heres how i see it done in wood floor homes.two layers of thick poly.basically plastic drop cloth but the thick stuff.walls covered in mylar.or as they are called,emergency blankets at walmart in sporting goods.taped at edges and then thumb tacked to wall.central air works fine as long as coil is clean,im an ac tech.
if using hid then heat in winter will balance out.humidity will be fine as long as you run ac or heater.find your central ac drain line and save that water.its basically distilled water.if you use a window ac,get a trashcan and save that water.best water for the price.
imho.

Natural

Natural

I use pond liner on the floors attached to a 2x4 frame. Make insulated wooden boxes to encompass my windows and use weather seal and L brackets to attach. From the outside you see blinds and curtains..no light..no noise. Use a cut hole to mount the ac. I also flip my doors to open hallway side out. Since you own you could pull the carpet and build partition walls if you want.

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

I know many who use tents for growing and breeding purposes. Most of em do so due to circumstance, size or $$$ restrictions or using the tents for breeding chambers. If you own your home I'd def ditch the tents, no hesitation and no question IMO. With the sound of your room layout a sealed room wouldn't be too hard to pull off. Always glad to.help where I can man. HMU if you have any questions.

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

heres how i see it done in wood floor homes.two layers of thick poly.basically plastic drop cloth but the thick stuff.walls covered in mylar.or as they are called,emergency blankets at walmart in sporting goods.taped at edges and then thumb tacked to wall.central air works fine as long as coil is clean,im an ac tech.
if using hid then heat in winter will balance out.humidity will be fine as long as you run ac or heater.find your central ac drain line and save that water.its basically distilled water.if you use a window ac,get a trashcan and save that water.best water for the price.
imho.
Cple issues. Mylar builds hotspots which can burn your plants/foliage. I'd use panda or as someone else suggested just good ol flat white paint.
Unless you have a very small grow you're not.going to gather ough water from the sources mentioned to sustain your grow. Depending on where you live would depend on what water source I'd recommend. Best answer is nature....as in rainwater. Best source I've ever used, no PHing needed and once you get your collection points setup its free. Can't argue with free haha.
Also of.you have wood floors I'd suggest putting some thick rubber mates like they use in horse stalls under your plastic on the floor. Acts as a great insulator and keeps those pots, and the roots growing inside them from getting cold. Hope this helps. MGG

racincain

racincain

Cple issues. Mylar builds hotspots which can burn your plants/foliage. I'd use panda or as someone else suggested just good ol flat white paint.
Unless you have a very small grow you're not.going to gather ough water from the sources mentioned to sustain your grow. Depending on where you live would depend on what water source I'd recommend. Best answer is nature....as in rainwater. Best source I've ever used, no PHing needed and once you get your collection points setup its free. Can't argue with free haha.
Also of.you have wood floors I'd suggest putting some thick rubber mates like they use in horse stalls under your plastic on the floor. Acts as a great insulator and keeps those pots, and the roots growing inside them from getting cold. Hope this helps. MGG
I'll have to get a pic when it's done. Still in disarray after i almost burned my house down during the transformation. SAFTEY and sober work hand in hand. I handled it myself at 5am. I left MH light still plugged in. It was off when I set her on floor. Timer turned her on at 3am. By 5am my floor joist was on fire. No one stopped. We are thankful. I'm using 10' white pvc sheets for sheds as my floor. Climate controlled. 1" conduit run through 1" eye bolts for hanger rods. Metal curtain rod rings for light hangers spaced 32"oc. I believe in co2 now, lol. Getting back on track, thanks to all for kind words. So much easier to see what you are looking at, and move around them. Just be careful so what we went through want impact your life like it did ours. Happy trails.

Top Bottom