Divert House A/c To Grow Room Help

• Thread starter Smokey503ski
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

We have a 5 ton household central air ac unit.
Were not using the ac in the winter and if possibly I would like to divert the air into my grow room in the garage.

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

First you need to figure out how to run a large flexible duct from the garage to the existing ductwork. Now you have AC in the garage, just like you have it I n every other room in the house.

The next step would be to close all of the vents in your house, this will force the air to flow only to you new garage vent.

Then you could build a port so that air can exit the garage wall, or it could go back into your house. That way you have some fresh air flowing good hrough your grow room.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Is your a/c air handler in the garage also?

Yes the a/c air handler is in the garage with my grow room.
it's tied into the central heating and cooling. Is their a way to just divert the cold air and still be able to use the heat for the house from the central system?
I did look through the a/c thread. 50 something pages, guess I'll need to read the whole thing unless someone can help a brother out.

blazer

blazer

You probably could rig it up to work Would have to have enough room to divert a large enough duct into garage area and have diverter dampers installed In supply and return and some relays but your house heat demand and cooling demand would be conflicting and would be probably more economical to put in a mini-split

Top Bottom