Dividing my tent for auto and photos

• Thread starter 757Botanist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

757Botanist

Howdy, firstly my harvest from last month looks and taste WONDERFUL. The molasses worked its magic.

I am starting on my next batch. However I appear to have planted an auto (not knowing) and it will be done sooner than the other 3. Has anyone divided their tent before to accommodate plants on different time schedules.

Also are 5 plants in 3 gallon pots ok for a 2x6 tent?

Eledin

Eledin

Hi! Im glad to know that your previous harvest went well! Molasses or other suggars are indeed of great help for them frosty flowers. I think 5 plants in 3 gallons is a bit too much for such a small tent but if youre already there make it work hahaha, you can always partially chop your plants if necessary if defoliation is not enough, get rid of a few stems that are too close to each other or to the walls. Make sure to do it the same day and give them at least 2 weeks of recovery every time you defoliate so theyre not constantly stressed. Its more of a problem in summer or hot months because leaves that are touching each other will condensate water in between them augmenting the risk of mold. Same with buds that are too close to each other, good ventilation is key (of the indoors and the room where the indoors is). Im currently doing a SCROG but I have 4 big photos (trained) in the middle and 6 autos (untrained) on the sides (1 is already choped, but there used to be 6). I wanted to see for myself how they do under 12/12 and theyre going at the same pace than the photos. Buds are not as big but they are dense, flower is taking way longer but they look good to me for autos. Its not the best but if you have some lying around and you wanna use them to cover more space is doable, none of them hermed on me or anything but maybe someone who tried more times had a different experience.

757Botanist

Hi! Im glad to know that your previous harvest went well! Molasses or other suggars are indeed of great help for them frosty flowers. I think 5 plants in 3 gallons is a bit too much for such a small tent but if youre already there make it work hahaha, you can always partially chop your plants if necessary if defoliation is not enough, get rid of a few stems that are too close to each other or to the walls. Make sure to do it the same day and give them at least 2 weeks of recovery every time you defoliate so theyre not constantly stressed. Its more of a problem in summer or hot months because leaves that are touching each other will condensate water in between them augmenting the risk of mold. Same with buds that are too close to each other, good ventilation is key (of the indoors and the room where the indoors is). Im currently doing a SCROG but I have 4 big photos (trained) in the middle and 6 autos (untrained) on the sides (1 is already choped, but there used to be 6). I wanted to see for myself how they do under 12/12 and theyre going at the same pace than the photos. Buds are not as big but they are dense, flower is taking way longer but they look good to me for autos. Its not the best but if you have some lying around and you wanna use them to cover more space is doable, none of them hermed on me or anything but maybe someone who tried more times had a different experience.
Thanks this is great information. I’m going let the auto grow and just pull it from
The tent and dry in another room.
I think I will do just 3 plants and the other two outdoors. Thanks again for the insight

Eledin

Eledin

I got 3 choped a bit early cause I need to replenish my stash. As you can see the buds dont get very big, from 12-12 to the recommended 18-6 or even 20-4 for autos is 6-8 hours less than they should be taking. Considering that, they did good in my opinion. Worth to do again? Probably not hahahaha but if you wanna use those seeds sure, youre gonna get some buds to smoke.

EDIT: I dont know whats wrong with the color of this camera, theyre suposed to look green and orange but they look super greenish blue, you cant even see the pistils.

Top Bottom