• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madbud

Madbud

This is 7 days from sprout, first watering tonight

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Sorry lads,
I have to be the weird kid on the playground that when asked A or B states that C has been working just fine for a long time and your mad to do anything else.

I know it requires an additional transplant, but I have really really good luck with sprouting seeds in 2x3s inside the old propagation chamber. Generally in the 80s percentile for germination rate across various strains.

let the stems get a bit of reach 2inches or so then you transplant to 3inx3in pots for the seedlings. Then to whatever size veg and bloom sack from there.

be well and grow on.
🧬🌲🔬

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
You can make starter pots with newspaper too. I use a beer bottle for my veggies but same technique to make them. The paper breaks down a lot faster than those peat pots and will turn into plant food when the microherds process it

Paper pots

Sparky1980

Sparky1980

Keep in mind that another cup is needed to block out light to the roots. They need darkness. So you need two. A clear one on the inside and an opaque one on the outside.

I think one of the problems with biodegradable cups is that they can take a long time to degrade. Wetting them might help. I bought a plum tree that was in a biodegradable pot and the instructions that came with it said to punch holes around the bottom so the roots would have a way to get out of the pot.
Big, thanks for the insight! Yes, I think it must come down to the consistency of the bio cup. Now, I've grown plenty of Papaver Somniferum started in the bios so that I could sprinkle a little opium on a bowl of dosia, but never have I attempted to sprout Cannabis seedlings in a bio. And I agree, you must have the outer dixie cup to block the sunlight from the roots that're in the clear plastic cup. Thanks, man!

Sparky1980

Sparky1980

You can make starter pots with newspaper too. I use a beer bottle for my veggies but same technique to make them. The paper breaks down a lot faster than those peat pots and will turn into plant food when the microherds process it

View attachment 1321839
Dude, that is a GREAT idea! How thick is the newspaper, and do you add anything to make it stick together other than H20? Thanks, man!

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
Dude, that is a GREAT idea! How thick is the newspaper, and do you add anything to make it stick together other than H20? Thanks, man!
I usually wrap the paper around the bottle 4 times and a little uneven so there 's a little xtra to fold over the top rim to help keep it closed. Like a rolling paper without gum, moisture will help seal it up too. Practice makes perfect. Once filled with soil and kept moist it will hold up fine, almost like a clay mold, but as time and moisture does it's thing the paper degrades and will become very fragile.

Latest posts

Top Bottom