dixie cups seedlings

• Thread starter FisH
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FisH

im planning to use 16oz dixie cups for the seedling stage, this is for when it sprouts until it has 4-5 internodes of 5 fingers then i will transplant into a bigger pot? the soil i will use for seedlings will be a soft mix?no compost yet?wud this 160z dixie cup be good for seedlings until transplant happens?
for the roots etc..when i transplant thats when im going to use compost.

F

FisH

i know alot of people use dixies.
but when one starts with a smaller cup, plants seem to grow faster then when they outgroiw their contgainer or stop growing, one can just transplant them right.that way the growth wud be faster?
am i making sense?this is because i cant afford to lose these precious last seeds here.

L

livinglegend

i use dixie cups. there great.
of course make sure there not clear.
make sure you put enough drain holes.
and go ahead and use whatever soil u want. just dont use nutrients yet.

once i feel like root structure is nice and solid in there, i transplant to 1 gal pots. than once that plant has grown to 1-1 and a half feet, i transplant again. usually straight to 3 or 5 gallon.

F

FisH

thanks i thought nobody was going to answer.
i was afraid my last seeds wont thrive in them since 16oz are big cups and i was used in starting with smaller ones but people told me that the growth maybe slower but the plant would be stronger in the long run :)

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
ive got some in styro cups right now, using t5s for first time, how far should they be from seedlings..

Latest posts

Top Bottom