DIY 3 in 1 Tent Space Improvement

• Thread starter Zen_Seeker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

If you have a 3 in 1, also called 2 in 1, tent you probably have the same problem I do...

Zone 1: 3x3x6
Zone 2: 3x1x3
Zone 3: 3x1x3

Zone 2 & 3 are to small to veg long and are to big to just use for clones & seeds.

So I made a 1/2” PVC, plumbing not electrical, 1’ riser to better distribute space.

New space sizes:

Zone 2: 3x1x2
Zone 3: 3x1x4

Now I can just clone or seed in the top zone & veg for longer in the bottom zone.

Diy 3 in 1 tent space improvement

Diy 3 in 1 tent space improvement 2
Diy 3 in 1 tent space improvement 3
Diy 3 in 1 tent space improvement 4
Diy 3 in 1 tent space improvement 5
Diy 3 in 1 tent space improvement 6

Still have two “Tees” to mod and two 4 1/2” lengths of pipe to cut and fit.

This took:
16 - 1/2” PVC Tee fittings
11’ - 1/2” PVC pipe

If any interest I can post details once I finish later today.

onTheGreenMountain

onTheGreenMountain

I've been wanting to do something like this in my tent. I'm already using an old clothes rack as a DIY seed box, with a light hanging from the clothes hangar bar.. I'm about to put a 12/12 box on the bottom half of it.

Great work!

Bluebuddha

Bluebuddha

Excellent! I now have to order some 1/2 inch pvc fittings. The 5x5 I have is sagging under weight+scrog net. Thanks a million! Looks great!

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I would like to see tent manufacturers be more creative in their R&D, if they have any R&D. I was recently looking for a small tent for seedlings and early vegetation. My thinking, of course, is to start new plants while other plants are finishing in my other tent. The options were surprisingly limited and disappointing.

onTheGreenMountain

onTheGreenMountain

I would like to see tent manufacturers be more creative in their R&D, if they have any R&D. I was recently looking for a small tent for seedlings and early vegetation. My thinking, of course, is to start new plants while other plants are finishing in my other tent. The options were surprisingly limited and disappointing.
Best thing for seeds is to just make your own DIY box. seedlings dont get big, so you dont need a lot of space. For years now I've been using the cardboard box method.

I setup a cardboard box, painted white on the inside (or white poster board glued on, something flat white), under a fluorescent grow light. Right now I'm using the top part of a clothes rack, with the light hanging from the clothes hangar bar.

I have they seed tray on small a piece of thin carpet with a heat mat under that. The light costs more than everything else put together..

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Best thing for seeds is to just make your own DIY box. seedlings dont get big, so you dont need a lot of space. I have they seed tray on small a piece of thin carpet with a heat mat under that. The light costs more than everything else put together..
So far haven’t needed a warming mat. The light from the chamber below keeps things warm enough.

onTheGreenMountain

onTheGreenMountain

So far haven’t needed a warming mat. The light from the chamber below keeps things warm enough.
The room its in gets cold.. down into the 50'sF at night if I dont do anything; It's an extension on the house and no HVAC. I have a space heater in there set at 70*F to keep my tents warm and this heat mat to keep the tray warm and keep the humidity up

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

The room its in gets cold.. down into the 50'sF at night if I dont do anything; It's an extension on the house and no HVAC. I have a space heater in there set at 70*F to keep my tents warm and this heat mat to keep the tray warm and keep the humidity up
More of a 3 seasons room or porch. We will always find a way. 😂

Top Bottom