DIY Aero Cloner help

• Thread starter 3PL
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

3PL

so I put together my first Aero Cloner, and I gotta say it's looking pretty damn good.

here's a question, my original plan was to do a 5min on 5min off cycle, 24/h a day, however I wasn't able to obtain a timer that could do that, best that I could find was a timer that was setup on 12 min intervals, given the fact that I'll be using rockwool I'm thinking that may be too much water

anyone have any insight to what I could do ?

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

15 on 15 off works just fine or the one you found will work also. Just make sure the water temp is around 72 degrees and you will be fine. If you run your pump 24/7 you might climb into the higher temps. But really you are fine using what you found.
The stems will not dry out in 15 minutes, that is all you have to worry about.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
I think you are better with lower on times if using rockwool, but may ven better off without using rockwool.

But why not use inserts to hold the clones rather than rockwool? Like a ezclone style of cloner. for ideas check out the plans by searching here on the farm or also plants here: http://stinkbuddies.com/downloads.htm

or

you can get the proper timer on ebay

or
follow this thread on how to make your own for cheaper.

Cost $4.00 for a timer that does 40 second increments.

Hope that helps.

3PL

awesome ok thanks for the help

now to think of wtf I'm going to do about a dome ... I totally forgot about that one lol

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

why aero clone in rockwool that defeats the purpose. rockwool is it's own cloning medium and aero cloning is its own cloning technique you should only use one of the other. the rockwool will stay WAY to wet being sprayed all the time. as it stands i personally hate rockwool beacuse it has to high of a water retention for my liking it's just too easy to over saturate.

now if you clone in rockwool then want to use a aero system to veg and or flower in that's different. it's still not the best ideal as the stem will probably stay way to wet with the rockwool wicking water to the stem from the sprayers but you would not be the first to do it. also a aero cloner needs no dome.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

if you are going to grow in a aero system then use a aero cloner keep it mediumless through out the whole grow cycle if using neoprene collars or a little hydroton in net cups for stability and to keep light out of the root zone.

G

gudkarma

why aero clone in rockwool that defeats the purpose. rockwool is it's own cloning medium and aero cloning is its own cloning technique you should only use one of the other. the rockwool will stay WAY to wet being sprayed all the time. as it stands i personally hate rockwool beacuse it has to high of a water retention for my liking it's just too easy to over saturate.

wisdom dropped!

Latest posts

Top Bottom