Diy Bloom Booster -anyone Mix There Own Concentrates?

• Thread starter Samoan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Samoan

Samoan

Does anyone mix there own concentrates? Any guidance would be much appreciated I would really like to learn how to create my own plant foods.
I found this recipe for a bloom booster
Pk 9/18
1L/830 grams distilled H2o 0-0-0
Soluble Potash 91.8 grams 0-0-60
Mono-Potassium Phosphate MKP 78.2 grams 0-52-34
Add potash first.
0-9-18
I'm using Canna A and B so of course I would like to know what pk 13 recipe is....

Samoan

Samoan

right on!!! lmk how it goes!!!! would love to make my own 9/18 too
I made the MOAB w/out Thiamine Hydrochloride. Just Measured each one separately, combined them, and then added to my nutrient solution.

However, I am only in week 2 of flower and I guess MOAB is supposed to be added later, with HAMMERHEAD as a better additive in the Transitional early flower phase....And now I have the stuff to make HAMMERHEAD so I may try just One dose...

...my tds meter was acting up so I couldn't get a reading which is scary but I just tried to make my mute solution at 1/2 strength

The plants seem to be doing just fine though, If anything I think It's looking like the bud-sites are becoming more prominent...

Samoan

Samoan

icon12.png
simple recipe for Hammerhead PK 9/18

well i dont know if this has already been posted here, cant find anything on it, and i think it would help alot of people, aint my idea, i read it on another site and thought i would share it here ..

all you need are 2 ingredients which are MonoPotassium Phosphate and Sulphate of Potash, both of them are easy to get hold of, ebay, and i suppose garden centers but not too sure.

so all you need to do is mix 156.4 grams of MonoPotassium Phosphate and 183.6 grams of Sulphate of Potash too 2 liters of distilled water and shake well. always shake before use and store in a cool dark place. oh yeah and make the sure the waters warm so it disolves properly.

also heres a good guide line feeding schedule :

10 days into bloom.

Starting with 1 ml per ltr.

3 weeks in, up it to 1.5 ml

5 weeks in, up it to 2 ml

keep it at 2 ml till flush

always put it in your feed before you add your nutrients.

hope this helps
smile.png
Rimmer

Samoan

Samoan

From @budboy299

a quick overview of hammerhead PK 9/18.... 1L recipe

Soluble Potash 0-0-60 91.8 grams
Mono-potassium phosphate MKP 0-52-34 78.2 grams
distilled H2O 0-0-0 830 grams

This will give you 0-9-18 within a percentage point

Now the big disclaimer hahaha these amounts are with 100% disolving in the water base. As Potash is a natural mined element, you may have varying degrees of solubility.
I would add the Potash first to see how it disolves, then the MKP
I do know that Hammerhead always seems to have some sediment in the bottom of the bottle and they say to shake well before using, so it must not totally disolve.

depending on the quantities of the materials you can get.....you could make this up for as little as fifty cents a litre!

Samoan

Samoan

@budboy299 Thank You Bradda Trying this one out! Any new suggestions?.

Samoan

Samoan

Added 191.9 grams of Potassium Sulfate to 2L of purified water that was
15 ppm and 7.2 ph. The water temperature was 81.6' F. Some sediment leftover, maybe from the little black specks in the Potassium Sulfate which imo looks like a sandier looking iodized salt.

Samoan

Samoan

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Forgot to add that I believe the actual weight of Potassium Sulfate for a 2L mixture is 183.6 grams. I just had to add on the 8.3 grams which was the weight of the clear plastic cup.

Second I weigh out 156.4 grams of Monopotassium Phosphate. Add 8.3 grams which gives me a total of 191.9 grams of MKP.

Samoan

Samoan

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Another Typo*

A total of 164.7 grams of MKP

I pour it through a dry funnel into my container, put the lid on and shake thoroughly.

Samoan

Samoan

After it all settled, I believe the water may have risen slightly?? I thought it was right below my 2L marker to begin with...

Nugteq

Nugteq

I started getting nute lockout with salts. Until I figure out how to properly mix nutes n create stable 2 4 10 solution like hanmerhead than I will so more research. Maybe someone can chime in. For me tho it threw a curveball as everything getting dialed in and wham random lockout. Once I stopped adding my own moab and hammerhead mixes it stoopped..and now Im seeing better results without adding any bloom.boosters just increasing my feeding times.to 4x day low PPM.

Everyone has unique setup tho. But be on lookout for purple stems and act fast if u see em

Samoan

Samoan

I started getting nute lockout with salts. Until I figure out how to properly mix nutes n create stable 2 4 10 solution like hanmerhead than I will so more research. Maybe someone can chime in. For me tho it threw a curveball as everything getting dialed in and wham random lockout. Once I stopped adding my own moab and hammerhead mixes it stoopped..and now Im seeing better results without adding any bloom.boosters just increasing my feeding times.to 4x day low PPM.

Everyone has unique setup tho. But be on lookout for purple stems and act fast if u see em

Thank You for the heads up, I just applied pk 9/18 yesterday at .75tsp/gal. I made my base nutes extra light however think Canna is designed to work synergistically, canna boost isn't that expensive I probably should just run that I may be getting ahead of myself here, I just enjoy learning and try to do things myself as well as save money.
I'm watching them closely but I may just cut out the home made synthetics TODAY.
I'm going to pick up some Dynagrow Protekt Silica today, I will probably pick up a bottle of Canna Boost as well.

Who Uses MOAB and HAMMERHEAD 9/18 and what nutrient line do you use it with?

Anyone have experience running home made bloom boosters with Canna nutrient line?

Or does everyone suggest -just run Canna Boost with Canna nutrients

Latest posts

Top Bottom