Diy bubble cloner. Heating pad or not?

• Thread starter PDX420Grower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

I made a 4 site bubble cloner. My 1st attempt I got roots showing in 6 days (PH'd tap water set out for 24hrs) and were planted a few days later (doing great) I used a seedling heating pad under it because I guessed it would help (used to using RR plugs). Should I continue to use the heating pad or not? The strain I originally used is really easy to clone and pretty easy to grow.

M

MTM

No bro no heat pad under your cloner,the temp needs to be about 70 degrees or so in the water

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

aaahhhhhh! Need advice.

Damn. The cloner has been on a heating pad for almost 2 days. I unplugged it as soon as I read the posts. Should I continue with my current babies (looking like I just cut em) or should I cut some new ones? The mother plant is ready to flip to 12/12 and has hairs here and there. I cut a few about a week ago but tossed em a few days later after I realized I didn't have the pad plugged in. (STUPID ME) Then I took these cuts and now all the usable branches have hairs popping out. If i take new ones won't they be harder to clone? Due to its so close to flip. Keep em or toss em and cut new ones?

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

Need advice

So I kept em and unplugged the heating pad yesterday, but now I just checked em and the water seems really cold. Is that bad? I thought the roots grow faster when they're warm.

G

guilty

Warm water can lead to other problems. Do you have a way to measure the temp? Of course you do no want freezing water either.

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

pdx, the cats in cali don't need heat pads
you may in pdx
you will in anchorage

try to regulate the root temps somewhere around 74* has worked for me

fwiw

phenotyper

phenotyper

You should get a temperature probe to control the heat mat. hydrofarm makes one and you can set the temperature and it automatically adjusts. My pad can do 10-15 above ambient, so this works well in my room.

J

Jalisco Kid

Go buy a thermometer before or with your t-stat as you will need one to see what the temps are. I like 75-78* root zone. JK

St3ve

St3ve

IME I like to keep the water warmer while I'm waiting on roots to pop, once I have roots in the cloner I let the temp get back down to 70ish

Top Bottom