Diy build or prebuilt LED

• Thread starter DistyDemon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DistyDemon

DistyDemon

About to make a light change yet again.

Looking for the best, not a blurple.

So it's either a DIY setup, or a few gavita 1700, or spydrX versions.

I'm planning on using 3 units in flower, 2 in veg. I'm not worried about dropping 1100 per unit (my cost on the gavita 1700).

So what do ya think? Prebuilt or diy?

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

I like the fluence spydrX as it has a ballast I can mount outside my room.

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

I'm not looking for knockoff units. I'm well aware of dhgate and Alibaba and the quality of china junk. I order my ceramic carts from there.

Thanks

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I would suggest looking at HLG, timber grow lights, or rapid led. It's likely you will pay less with the kits and you will be able to customize to your grow usually ending up with a more even coverage.

Either way is a good option.

Migrower

Migrower

I'm not looking for knockoff units. I'm well aware of dhgate and Alibaba and the quality of china junk. I order my ceramic carts from there.

Thanks
Bro I ordered my boards from there and just took down a 5 plant grow today that is amazing. I’m having no issues with the kingbrite 240w lm301b with 660 nm . After 3 months no change in ppfd readings. And you can diy with f strips and framing for cheaper and more quality then the spyderx,or gavita more umols and higher efficiency. But you know that already if your this well educated on lighting.

Migrower

Migrower

HLG does not sell Quantum boards on alibaba. Them boards would be copycat knockoff boards and no way of knowing what actual diodes are in them.

Research the company, look at their certificates to authenticate. Kingbrite and mieju both use real Samsung top bin and have Samsung certifications for their company to use the diodes.

R

RoyalRoutes

Research the company, look at their certificates to authenticate. Kingbrite and mieju both use real Samsung top bin and have Samsung certifications for their company to use the diodes.
I think there is a stigma with China. Although most us products are either assembled there or purchased there assembled here and sold at inflated rate.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I think there is a stigma with China. Although most us products are either assembled there or purchased there assembled here and sold at inflated rate.
I would say there is... Companies pay for R&D then the tech, patent, deaigns are stolen or violated and produced in China. Warranty is usually non existent or an extreme pain and Quality is often sub par but not always. People lose out employment because of this as more jobs could be created in NA to meet demand and companies have less money to out back into R&D to develop what we wanted in the first place.

I would rather pay more but that's just my opinion. Doesn't mean you need to share it.

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

Exactly what happened to one major extraction glass company. China ripped his patents and make kits for pennies on the $ now. Literally pennies on the $!

Last edited:
visajoe1

visajoe1

About to make a light change yet again.

Looking for the best, not a blurple.

So it's either a DIY setup, or a few gavita 1700, or spydrX versions.

I'm planning on using 3 units in flower, 2 in veg. I'm not worried about dropping 1100 per unit (my cost on the gavita 1700).

So what do ya think? Prebuilt or diy?
the above mentioned US companies are great. you may also want to check out a sponsor here @ScynceLED , they have a some nifty stuff you might like

Migrower

Migrower

I would say there is... Companies pay for R&D then the tech, patent, deaigns are stolen or violated and produced in China. Warranty is usually non existent or an extreme pain and Quality is often sub par but not always. People lose out employment because of this as more jobs could be created in NA to meet demand and companies have less money to out back into R&D to develop what we wanted in the first place.

I would rather pay more but that's just my opinion. Doesn't mean you need to share it.
Most of these companies buy all their tech and parts from China anyways so all you paying for mainly is a person in North America to put it together for you and 5X the price.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news..but HLG knocked off their white lights from Nextlight..I still own my Nextlight Mini and still love it..along with newer boards from HLG, Atrium, and the defunct Photon (I think). Old picture with the now sold meizhi Burples along side.
Light 5

Migrower

Migrower

But a 5 yr warranty, quality product and local company to deal with. Cheaper is not always better some would rather pay more for peace of mind. But yes you pay more.
The warranty and service I can definitely see being a plus from a N.A. Co.

Latest posts

Top Bottom