DIY Carbon Scrubber/Filter Query

• Thread starter CheebaMeeba
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CheebaMeeba

I currently have an in-line duct fan (6" - 250CFM) with a 6" to 4" reducer that leads to a 4" duct elbow. What I want to do is create a carbon scrubber/filter using the following duct boot:

21%2Bp5%2ByJmaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

What I plan to do is get some carbon bags and sandwich them between two mesh screens: 1 above and 1 below the carbon bags. Said bags will reside at the rectangular opening.

Can anyone give me an idea as to whether this will work efficiently or if I should be looking at a different design?

Thanks, in advance, for you input.

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Below is a carbon Diy, Search google carbon diy, i believe i saw a diy carbon filter similar to what u want to do. Good luck.

Confu...

C

CheebaMeeba

Below is a carbon Diy, Search google carbon diy, i believe i saw a diy carbon filter similar to what u want to do. Good luck.

Confu...

Thanks, Confu. That is not exactly what I was looking for, but certainly helps me. I am going to forge ahead and try it, anyway. I want to see if the fan has any issue pulling the air through the setup I noted.

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
This is the thread i was trying to find fir u earlier but couldnt. Hope it helps.

http://www.invalid.com/indoor-growing/7074-easy-build-diy-carbon-filter.html

C

CheebaMeeba

This is the thread i was trying to find fir u earlier but couldnt. Hope it helps.

http://www.invalid.com/indoor-growing/7074-easy-build-diy-carbon-filter.html

Thanks, Confuten. I have seen this and think that I will be running a modified version of this. Great minds think alike.

H

halfdeadman

how are you guys hooking the fan up to the filter? can a computer fan get the job done with this type of setup are do i need a hydro shop type fan for desired results?

C

CheebaMeeba

how are you guys hooking the fan up to the filter? can a computer fan get the job done with this type of setup are do i need a hydro shop type fan for desired results?

Computer fans are really only good for micro grow cabs. For anything bigger, it is best to get a fan that has the appropriate CFM rating for the grow room/closet. I purchased a 425 CFM centrifugal fan because the duct blower I had was doing nothing significant.

Top Bottom