DIY chiller

• Thread starter St3ve
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

Well after 2 hours when I saw it was that cold I quit "testing". Never expected that. Been running smooth ever since though

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

Actually I'm thinking about buying another one and building a recirculating system for ice water hash.....

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

If I get around to building it I'll post some pics. Kinda hard to explain. I've never seen anything similar to what I'm thinking, maybe I'll show a build out as well. its a fairly straight forward design anyone would be welcome to.
Forgive me for sounding unfamiliar, but how would that work?

Legallyflying

Legallyflying

I love how this asshat hates hates on the DIY chiller. My DIY chiller cost me $300 , keeps 250 gallons at 62 degrees and runs about 15 minutes every hour.

Yeah it's ghetto and ugly and I did have to spend a total of about an hour making it. Too bad it has been running non stop for 3 years+.

Yeah. I should have bought an ecoplus.

Hater gunna hate. But it works BOMB

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Only way to hate on DIY gear is to not know how it works. I love making shit, just because it has a fancy label doesn't mean I can't take it apart and put it back together, or just buy what I need at home depot and do it myself...

DapperDon

DapperDon

I love how this asshat hates hates on the DIY chiller. My DIY chiller cost me $300 , keeps 250 gallons at 62 degrees and runs about 15 minutes every hour.

Yeah it's ghetto and ugly and I did have to spend a total of about an hour making it. Too bad it has been running non stop for 3 years+.

Yeah. I should have bought an ecoplus.

Hater gunna hate. But it works BOMB
Keep clinging to that raft sparky.

Legallyflying

Legallyflying

Yeah well sparky just signed the lease on a 7,000 sq ft earehouse space and submitted permits to the city to operate two 30,000 watt flower rooms and a 18k watt veg room so... Sparky is doing just fine dude, just fine.

Now should I bring up the tankless hot water heater we use to generate co2 and keep 78% of the heat out of our room? Nah, I don't want to make anyone think outside the box. Everything you would every need to grow buds successfully is ALL in your local hydro atore. ALL of it

DapperDon

DapperDon

Yeah well sparky just signed the lease on a 7,000 sq ft earehouse space and submitted permits to the city to operate two 30,000 watt flower rooms and a 18k watt veg room so... Sparky is doing just fine dude, just fine.

Now should I bring up the tankless hot water heater we use to generate co2 and keep 78% of the heat out of our room? Nah, I don't want to make anyone think outside the box. Everything you would every need to grow buds successfully is ALL in your local hydro atore. ALL of it

All of that means nothing there Sparky. So let's do a breakdown of all of your bragging points:
1. Signing a lease means nothing other than someone is willing to rent to you. And a warehouse is actually easier to rent than an apartment so the bar is pretty low there.
2. You submitted a permit. Again, that means nothing other than you had the cash to pay the permit fee and a crayon to fill in the boxes.
3. Acting like you are teasing everyone with the SUPERDUPERSECRET tankless water heater as a Co2 generator is actually nothing new at all. But I can tell from your bold bragging that you never got too far in school because most of us learn that co2 is the byproduct of propane and the fact that you want to use yet another device not intended for your application. Did you know that the ignition jets are not tuned for that application and depending on your elevation, you could be creating a death trap to you and your "grow"? Well here is a piece of news for you, you cannot change the jets on a hot water heater for the application you are after, plus the control circuitry is not the same as an actual co2 generator. Safety is not something to be considered overrated.
4. You failed to mention that it isn't just you, but that you needed a partner. So that shows that you just didn't have the stones to make this happen yourself but you want to jump your happy ass all over me?

So here is what I predict will happen. You do not strike me as a businessman or someone that understands working in the legit business world with regards to working with the Government and adhering to regulations. I do and have been doing it for the last 25 years and I would say that your whole operation will be belly up within the year and you will lose everything. That is IF you get your permit approved. Nobody that runs a successful and legit business and I mean nobody, does it by shoestring budgets and cobbled together frankenstein parts. But you keep on with your bad self and in a year you can attempt to prove me wrong. But I doubt it.
well_done_sir.gif

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

ya @Legallyflying i was gonna say...you're not doing just fine, yet.

Wait til you show all your DIY plans to the fire marshall...then decide if you're gonna do fine.

oh yeah and get the permits issued, not sure what kind of hoops they'll make you jump through but here in CO every warehouse I've built out and had permitted needed something re-done, whether it was allowing handicapped access or security cameras moved, shit we've even had to move a toilet to a different wall...and then the time we had to redo all of the pro-grips with ratchets and metal cable in a 300 light grow w/ 15 ft ceilings...always something, always winding up costing an extra 4-10 grand.

you got the power to run 78,000 watts and all your equipment? Talkin BIG money if you need an upgrade.

DapperDon

DapperDon

Yes, and let's talk about some insurance too while we're at it.

Legallyflying

Legallyflying

LMAO. Poke the troll and watch him blather.

"Finely tuned jets". "Proper ignition control". Dude you are so full of shit it's not even funny. What do you think all those "water cooled co2 generators" are?
Anyways. No matter

Solidarity..I hear you. We have to do ADA improvements as well. Parking space, new entry ramp and..this made me chuckle..taller toilets.

Luckily a good friend of mine is a fire marshal so I have been able to consult him on what will likely pass and what won't. The building was constructed in the 60's as a metal fab facility and has UBER power. A 480 three phase line, a 208 three phase line and a 300 amp single phase like. I was pretty much blown away when my electrician quoted me how many amps I could draw at 220v.

Anyways...why did they reject your progrips and make you go cable? Sounds like a bum deal, but sometimes you just draw a tight ass inspector. I have seen permits for bare bulb operations here. (And that's what we are intending to do)

And BTW, we are chilling are reservoirs with pex ground loops we had installed. The water table is only 30' down so we are going to get maximum thermal transfer for not allot of money. 3-4k to have the loops installed and some pumps. Obviously haven't turned the system on yet but the calcs work out and it will mean effective chilling for pennies by running some taco pumps.

DapperDon

DapperDon

Oh? And that one thing shows you don't know fuck all about what you are doing. Anything over 3500' in elevation requires calibration. But you wouldn't know about any of that because there are no manuals or support for your DIY garbage. But thanks for playing. I look forward to reading about your disaster in the making falling flat.

Top Bottom