DIY Cloner question

• Thread starter intmanofmre
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

intmanofmre

Hi all, I'm working on my first grow and made a DIY easy cloner with a small pump and some sprinkler nozzles. I have cuttings of Blue Dream and G-13 with clonex and some rooting hormone in the water. I have been checking for roots now that my cuttings have been in the cloner for 2 weeks and I finally found them budding out in the neoprene collars. Will this be a problem for my plants? How do I stop this from happening in my next batch of clones?

Thanks.

Bannacis

Bannacis

Whats your light on numbers? put lights on 24 hrs. If you haven't got roots yet, then I would say yes its a problem.
Sounds like your plants are healthy and thriving, and with out roots...Is there a dome over them? high humidity in room?
Beause something is helping them to survive...need more info....

I

intmanofmre

Lights are on 24hrs they are under a dome and I have been misting them to keep them alive. The weird thing is that there is 2-3 inches of stem hanging in the cloner but the only spot that is showing the swelling and white root nubs is the part of the stem that is in the neoprene collar. I suppose any roots are good roots, but all the pics and threads that I have seen have the roots sprouting at the bottom of the stem.

Bannacis

Bannacis

you need to take the dome off, and stop misting them, the dome should only be on for a few days, along with misting.
then you gradually stop misting and kinda prop dome open, or open vents(if it has em). Right now they are getting the water they need from the humidity in the dome and your misting. once you remove the dome they will need water and your roots will have to come out.
The reason you have nubs at the collar is, direct moisture, more moisture in dome then under collars.
Since its been 2 weeks, you clones are thriving...take off the dome. keep any direct air off the clones so they don't get shocked by the change.
They might not be flowering, but just showing preflowers. once you get roots, make sure they are more than just nubs but hanging.
then transplant into your medium of choice and change lighting to 18 on 6 off then later maybe 16 on 8 off.if you go from 24 hours light to 16-8 it may put them into flower for sure.... good luck.

Your name is scrambled to almost look like "Informant" if it wasn't for the xtra M and E.
But now I see International man of mystery...lol

I

intmanofmre

Thanks for the help! I will ease off the dome. Glad you like my name.

Top Bottom