Diy Compost Teabag

• Thread starter OldSmokie76
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

I purchased a small 3gal compost tea bubbler/brewer. Very interested in the benefits of compost tea and living organic soil. After assembling the brewer, I realized it did not come with a mesh brew bag. So I made one.

I used some left over silk screen mesh from a DIY dry sift screen. Stitched together with some fishing line. An old piece of nylon rope to create a drawstring. The mesh was about 14" x 14". The pictures give an idea. If anybody interested I could give some simple instructions. Ingenuity and imagination. Peace farmers.

Diy compost teabag
Diy compost teabag 2
Diy compost teabag 3
Diy compost teabag 4
Diy compost teabag 5
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

So who's got tea recipes? Wondering if there's something I can brew with high P bat guano. Maybe use some manure and hummus mix, molasses, add mykos to tea? Need some good links/literature suggestions.
all sounds good,get a bag of black kow compost,i always use a handful of compost with my teas,and fresh deer shit,just be careful with the guano,i did just the other day get a tip burn from top dressing seabird guano and kelp,surprised me too hahaah

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

I'm shooting for a small personal perpetual grow. As sustainable as possible. It's a work in progress. Composting all veg matter indoors and recycling material used in the "reusable" mesh bag. Hopefully, I can appreciate the simplicity of the pantyhose it doesn't suit my needs. KaPow!!!
As far as looking for info on my own, I do. I have found that there's mountains of unuseful and overly jibber jabbered threads. I've gained some knowledge on my own, but still attempt to get sound advice and direct links to threads or suggested outside sources from some experienced growers. Kind of the process in a social online forum environment. Lots of farmers have been great. A few, not so much.
I've realized there's a few circles around the farm that are a bit tight. Whatever. Also have realized why I've read a number of complaints about the petty shit on the farm. Subsequently resulting in ego fueled rants and banning of subscribers.

Don't throw so much dynamite around. It erodes a solid foundation. (Desending whistle of an I coming bomb......) KABOOM!!! goes the useless sarcasm.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Nice, I did a similar thing only I used an old sock . . .

It worked fine but I think my plants got a bad case of Athletes Foot . . .

Don.
Light hearted jokes are great. Good laugh.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

@Toaster79 thanks for advice on looking up AACT. It was a good step in the direction I needed. Lots of info there.

T

TheKoreanKid

How long do you steep for? I'm pretty confident I got ahead of myself by starting a tea weeks before I am going to need it, and I mean weeeeeeks. Its been in the 5 gal jug bubbling for a few days, but man it does not smell good at all. From some other reading it looks as though this batch is ruined and I should not have it sitting on the side lines for extended period of time?

T

TheKoreanKid

toss that shit outside somewhere. 24 hr brew is usually all you need.
Thank you. Also, do I need a genuine compost in with my tea or is this recipe ok?
4 tbs molasses
2-3 tbs liquid kelp
2 tbs bat guano
3 cups worm casting
2 cup powdered alfalfa

PETRICHOR

PETRICHOR

I purchased a small 3gal compost tea bubbler/brewer. Very interested in the benefits of compost tea and living organic soil. After assembling the brewer, I realized it did not come with a mesh brew bag. So I made one.

I used some left over silk screen mesh from a DIY dry sift screen. Stitched together with some fishing line. An old piece of nylon rope to create a drawstring. The mesh was about 14" x 14". The pictures give an idea. If anybody interested I could give some simple instructions. Ingenuity and imagination. Peace farmers.
Ingenuity and as my bompi used to say "Yankee genuity" have shown me some of the absolute finest ways to cut out the stress of overthinking during problem solving! I like folks who add on to existing products to make them better and more user friendly man great stuff!

PETRICHOR

PETRICHOR

So who's got tea recipes? Wondering if there's something I can brew with high P bat guano. Maybe use some manure and hummus mix, molasses, add mykos to tea? Need some good links/literature suggestions.
https://regenerativecannabisfarming.org

Maybe give them a gander

• On-site composting systems.
  • FPJ, KNF, IMO.
  • Biochar
  • I have a few recipes for teas but honestly u sound very intelligent and humble......id prob stick with basic n-p-k recipes. I'm currently trying to turn my old putter up so I can grab those recipes to paste here for ya. I tried fish hydrosylates as well as these teas have have a WONDERFUL overall effect.

Top Bottom