DIY Custom Size Nutrient Reservoir help

• Thread starter Mystre.Pharmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mystre.Pharmer

Greetings fellow Pharmers!

ok so I currently have 6 50 gallon rubbermaid ruffnecks all over the place. 3 of them are for my cloners (I have 3 70 unit cloners that always have plants in them) and the other 3 are for my grow room rez's, 1 is usued as a flush or to change out nutrients and two constantly have nutrients at all times for the plants, and i kind of juggle them around (the pumps not the res's)

So, I only put in 30 gallons in all these res's btw. But these rubbermaids are soo big and I have like a maze to walk around and get to places in my veg/cloning area.

so I did some math, real ruff so don't judge ;) but if i were to have a container that is 2.5'x2.5'x1' it would be 10,800sq.in. which would be about 46.75 gallons completely filled to the top. so that container filled to just under 10 inches would be about 30 gallons (30gallons being at 9.75" high filled).

I really want to make my own custom reservoirs and even through big heavy duty wheels on em. but what do i build them out of? 30 gallons is about 240 pounds.

does anyone know of anyone who has built a reservoirs? or a link to another DIY? I tried looking for a few days, couldn't really find anything useful other than build it from wood and line it with pond liner, square is hard to cover in pond liner anyway.

I remember reading a long time ago that someone build a box and painted it with some marine stuff (that wasn't paint) and was non toxic supposedly but it was a very long time ago and it never had a conclusion if it worked or not (i dont want to poison my plants)

I just want to build custom size reservoirs that are smaller than what im using now, and I can roll them around. like I have a back up rez filled with water and already nuted so i can just roll it into place and drop the pump in after rolling my old res outta the way, so i can drain it, and clean it later.

this post became a lot more winded than I had anticipated. sorry! lol

any advice, links, tips would be awsome! thanks ya'll!

-Mystre.Pharmer

P

pikes peak 69

I've seen some built out of rigid foam board (lowes or home depot). Then coated with EPOXY resin and fiberglass cloth. Epoxy resin is available at marine shops. Other type of resin will melt the foam board. I heard this is the way some surfboards are made also.

HTH
pp69

M

Mystre.Pharmer

Greetings fellow pharmers!

So I think i figured out an easy way to kinda get what I want. Thanks pikes peak 69 I looked into it and it doesn't seem too dificult but im just too stressed for time these days and I'd need to atleast make one practice one before I make a bunch to work out the kinks in the process.

so the reason i use the 50 gallon rubberneck totes is so 30 gallons can sit in it just fine, without destroying the container (ive seen friends fill containers too full and they can crack at the bowing areas in the middle from all the weight). I think I will buy smaller totes and build a wooden support frame for them to sit in, that way i can also make use of the lids. also I can attach wheels to the frame, and be able to life out the tote for easy cleaning. its a much simpler idea than my original lol.

sometimes i gotta remind myself:
K.I.S.S.

-Mystre.Pharmer

Latest posts

Top Bottom