Diy Cxa3070 Grow

• Thread starter The Dopest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The Dopest

The Dopest

Hey guys, new to the forum and new to LED's but not new to growing. I had to take a little hiatus but I'm back to growing and decided to run with new lighting due to cabinet conditions. I'm from southern US where it is HOT down here and my grow is not in an air conditioned space, plus I needed it to be somewhat stealth.

I started with a couple sticks of 2x4's and sheets of OSB for the cabinet. The framing went up, then walls went in. Inside dimensions are 23x24x57", I used panda plastic for the lining. After trimming a Botanicare tray, it fit perfectly on a shelf above a 14 gallon tote that will be used for the reservoir. Next I ordered my COBs, (4) CXA 3070s with AD binning and went with cheap Chinese drivers @ 1500ma to try out. This will be a flower only cab, I have another small cab set up for mother/vegging. I also built my own 25lb activated carbon filter that is fed by a 6" inline fan for ventilation.

Hpim0202s
Hpim0203s
Hpim0204s
Hpim0205s
Hpim0207s
Hpim0208s
Hpim0209s
Hpim0220s
Hpim0221s
Hpim0222s
Hpim0223s
Hpim0224s
Hpim0226s
Hpim0227s
The Dopest

The Dopest

I use cut-to-fit carbon filter in the intake holes to filter dust, help with light leaks and assist with smell if for some reason the filter/fan or electricity is off. Also, here are the COBs I built using heatsink/fan combos from old pentium computers.

HPIM0240as
HPIM0239s
HPIM0240s
The Dopest

The Dopest

I had bad luck germinating my beans so an old grower friend sent me some to get back rolling. I have some GSCxOG crosses he made just getting started so no pics as of yet but maybe this weekend.

Top Bottom