Diy Filter

• Thread starter growtoenjoy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growtoenjoy

growtoenjoy

hi im a first time grower and im building a grow room and a diy carbon filter is activated carbon the same as activated charcoal and will it still work ? the other thing am i better keeping the filter and fan in the grow room or will i put the filter in another space and just have the extractor fan part of the filter in the grow room 1 more thing how far should i keep my lights from the tops of my plants ?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
well Charcoal is carbon so yes activated charcoal is activated carbon :D

In other words there the exact same thing just interchangeable words depending on where you live, some call it coal some call it carbon.. Its all the same tho :D

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
How far to keep your lights is a matter of a few variables. Get it down as close as they'll tolerate.

growtoenjoy

growtoenjoy

well Charcoal is carbon so yes activated charcoal is activated carbon :D

In other words there the exact same thing just interchangeable words depending on where you live, some call it coal some call it carbon.. Its all the same tho :D
nice 1 cheers mate :)

Skuna Tuna

Skuna Tuna

hi im a first time grower and im building a grow room and a diy carbon filter is activated carbon the same as activated charcoal and will it still work ? the other thing am i better keeping the filter and fan in the grow room or will i put the filter in another space and just have the extractor fan part of the filter in the grow room 1 more thing how far should i keep my lights from the tops of my plants ?

distance of light from ur plants depends on the type of light, type of fixture, and how old ur plants are. Its rare for me to disagree with @Seamaiden but i wouldnt practice "close as they tolerate". do research on what type of light ur using and see what others have done best with. i keep all HID fixtures 24"s + from canopy fwiw.

diy carbon filters will not work as well as a store bough filter. I use Phresh filters and have been very happy with them. If u plan to use a diy filter, make sure to pack the carbon as tight as it can and place in a mesh/micron bag before inserting it into ur "filter". the smaller the carbon, the better. oh and make sure to use active virgin carbon for its cleaner and will "scrub" the air better. I would place the filter in your grow area and have a fan recirculating the air through ur filter continuously. when air only passes through the carbon once, not all the "stinky air particles" will leach onto the carbon and u will risk smell being passed outside. much luck. Sküna

growtoenjoy

growtoenjoy

distance of light from ur plants depends on the type of light, type of fixture, and how old ur plants are. Its rare for me to disagree with @Seamaiden but i wouldnt practice "close as they tolerate". do research on what type of light ur using and see what others have done best with. i keep all HID fixtures 24"s + from canopy fwiw.

diy carbon filters will not work as well as a store bough filter. I use Phresh filters and have been very happy with them. If u plan to use a diy filter, make sure to pack the carbon as tight as it can and place in a mesh/micron bag before inserting it into ur "filter". the smaller the carbon, the better. oh and make sure to use active virgin carbon for its cleaner and will "scrub" the air better. I would place the filter in your grow area and have a fan recirculating the air through ur filter continuously. when air only passes through the carbon once, not all the "stinky air particles" will leach onto the carbon and u will risk smell being passed outside. much luck. Sküna
hi thank you for ue feed back my light is a 600w (2000 k) spectralight it does vegging and budding high pressure sodium 90,000 lumens im also using miracle grow root boosting potting mix iv added some small stone chips for drainage it says on it feeds up to 3 months my plants are 2 and a half month seed to bud will i have to add anything more to it or just let the potting mix feed it ?

growtoenjoy

growtoenjoy

hi thank you for ue feed back my light is a 600w (2000 k) spectralight it does vegging and budding high pressure sodium 90,000 lumens im also using miracle grow root boosting potting mix iv added some small stone chips for drainage it says on it feeds up to 3 months my plants are 2 and a half month seed to bud will i have to add anything more to it or just let the potting mix feed it ?
my diy filter i have used a large plastic sweet jar holes drilled all the way round the carbon filter material i bought in sheets from a aquarium suppliers same with the activated carbon the twist on lid of the jar is 4 and a half inch,s i got some 2 inch plastic tubing that i have drilled and wrapped carbon filter as with the drilled part of the jar i just need to get some more active carbon so i have enough to fill it i got a half kilo but the jar will take at least a kilo and a half then i can fit the 4inch extractor fan i put it together without the activated carbon to see it it sucked ok it blew some smoke and it sucked real good cant wait to fill it and get it working i will take some pics and let u see my handy work lol :)

growtoenjoy

growtoenjoy

this is my baby girl day 26, :) 44,days to go this is my very first attempt at growing a plant to smoke i got a seed from a mate its a auto bud,, seed to crop in 70 days iv been using miracle grow potting mix the feed it has in the soil is supposed to last 3months do i have to add anymore chems to help it on ?

10470581 1539949986280665 6180604422661578615 n
growtoenjoy

growtoenjoy

this is my baby girl day 26, :) 44,days to go this is my very first attempt at growing a plant to smoke i got a seed from a mate its a auto bud,, seed to crop in 70 days iv been using miracle grow potting mix the feed it has in the soil is supposed to last 3months do i have to add anymore chems to help it on ?

10956268 1539949976280666 3483932206673295897 n

Latest posts

Top Bottom