DIY Fully Enclosed Butane Extraction Sysytem W/ Hard Vac! (Inspired by Graywolf)

• Thread starter hmusic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hmusic

DIY Fully Enclosed Butane Extraction Sysytem w/Hard Vac! (Inspired by Graywolf)

First and foremost, the idea for this mastertype protopiece...I mean, prototype masterpiece comes from the chosen one....Graywolf! Without him, this wouldn't have happened!

I'm just gonna post pics. When I have more, I'll add more. Any questions, just ask. Except one; "Is it safe"? If you don't know what you're doing, a blender can hurt you badly. Same applies here, except with fire and odorless gas. With that being said, bad things can certainly happen when one is careless, regardless of what the contraption is.

This thing was pressure tested to 130 PSI overnight, and performed better than expected. Needless to say, it's tight.

I will post what comes out of this thing as soon as we get some 'tane.

Diy fully enclosed butane extraction sysytem w hard vac inspired by graywolf
Diy fully enclosed butane extraction sysytem w hard vac inspired by graywolf 2
Diy fully enclosed butane extraction sysytem w hard vac inspired by graywolf 3
tokinupon1

tokinupon1

That's one serious piece of stainless. What do you think you'll get outta one full chamber? Can't wait to see what it produces and very nice work.

H

hmusic

That's one serious piece of stainless. What do you think you'll get outta one full chamber? Can't wait to see what it produces and very nice work.

Currently, there's two interchangeable columns. A 12" and a 48". The 12" should fit between 75-100 grams of material, and the 48" should fit between 300-335g. As far as yield goes, it all depends on what you throw at it. You can't expect to throw shit at it and get gold; Maybe silver into gold. And, nuggets with a high THC content will always yield more concentrate than trim with low THC content. This machine will be doing both. However it's primary focus will be on large volumes of trim in the 48" column.

C

cheech

Crazy shit man, good work. What do those 3 valves at the base of the unit do?

In fact.. The whole base. What's up with that?

Graywolf

Graywolf

Hee, hee, hee, very nice job HM! What will you use for your recovery pump?

ES just broke our 22.2% BHO Absolute yield by weight, with a 23.7% yield on some outdoor plants, winterized and filtered to 0.2 microns.

Floor to floor time is 45 minues per load, running a 24" column and 10 flood and soak cycles. A typical 45 minute run yields around 50 grams of Absolute.

I predict you will be grinning ear to ear with the results after shakedown!

fuzzb3

fuzzb3

Awesome setup. Pullin up a seat for this one. Can't wait to see some finished results when you get some "tane"

you use pure N-butune, or vector/refined butane for your runs?

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

i'd guess everybody that has read this thread thought:
holy shit, i want that thing
what is it? :)

HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Thinks of Stinks
Supporter
Looks like a Imperial frigate!

Does it have like a spout? I wanna stick my face under it and fill my mouth with canna honey!

Joking aside I want one. What's the cost look like?

That thing is bad ass! Great work hmusic n Greywolf!

H

hmusic

I want to thank all readers for the outpouring of appreciation and support! I said it before, and I'll say it again...all praise goes to Graywolf!

Crazy shit man, good work. What do those 3 valves at the base of the unit do?

In fact.. The whole base. What's up with that?

Please see pic for detail. Everything is the same, minus the rupture port.

Any chance we could get a parts list?

Hee, hee, hee, very nice job HM! What will you use for your recovery pump?

I predict you will be grinning ear to ear with the results after shakedown!
Thanks for your approval! It means a lot! I'm using an Appion G5, just like my mentor's ;) I'm already grinning ear to ear.

I built this for a farmer friend of mine in exchange for a lifetime supply of what comes out of the business end of it ;) So, as soon as he gets it together and does a few runs, I will post some pics immediately following.

What are you using for a butane source and how are you injecting it under pressure?
You use pure N-butune, or vector/refined butane for your runs?
I have a can tapper, but the objective is to use my account with a large well known gas supplier, and get some more 99.5% (instrument grade) N-Butane. I say get more, because my father basically stole my Tamisium TE-175 and my brand new cylinder full of $450 worth of N-Butane less than a month after I bought it all. I can get more, they're just being a pain because I'm responsible for their leased cylinder. I'm trying to figure out a way to obtain some more. If not through them, then through a secondary supplier.

Does it have like a spout? I wanna stick my face under it and fill my mouth with canna honey!

Joking aside I want one. What's the cost look like?

This was the prototype and came in over budget due to me being raped for $400 by the incompetent machinist, and the decision to use a $600 union setup. That being said, my original budget was $2,000. It ended up costing $2950 with everything, including welding, machining, adapters, nuts, bolts, pumps and other equipment not pictured here. I think I can get this cost down to around $2200 for the same setup, not including my time and labor.

It's worth every penny, even if the cost was more than anticipated! I, and everyone involved are extremely pleased with the final results, even though the REAL results are yet to come.

Butane extraction and reclaim system dia 1
H

hmusic

Does that flanged pipe have a blind on one end for cleanout?

By flange, are you referring to the collection pot? If so, the base is a blind flange welded the the 6"(dia) cylinder/pot. The upper portion of the pot has a raised face flange (with machined groove for o-ring) welded to it. Then, the raised face lid (with all the connectors) seals to it.

treebark1950

treebark1950

Did I see something similar to this at a shop in SoCal? It looks like 90% similar

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Sweet

I want one, awesome job guys. Hope things are good

mal

Graywolf

Graywolf

I want to thank all readers for the outpouring of appreciation and support! I said it before, and I'll say it again...all praise goes to Graywolf!.

Thanks, but contraire! The credit goes to you for building it instead of just talking and dreaming about it. I sincerely admire that trait in a person.

G

grnthumb420

Awesome Contraption!!

It'd be cool if there was a way to adapt an a/c unit to do something like this...

excellent mechanical skills and a true showing of understanding basic thermodynamics

Latest posts

Top Bottom