DIY Hammerhead Confusions

• Thread starter pork
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pork

pork

Ok, so I'm trying to make my own Hammerhead clone and running into all sorts of conflicting information...

One thread says: 78.2 g MKP, 91.8 g Potash, 830 g distilled water.
Another says: 173 g MKP, 241 g Potash in 1 L distilled

Hydrobuddy is only somewhat helpful, but would be more so if I knew what ppm I was trying to hit with my calculation.

Are we trying to make a 0-9-18 N: P2O5:K20? Or a 0-9-18 N: P:K?

What should our final mix out be for 2.5 ml/gal...Cannastats (if I knew the density) makes it look to be 0-26-99...Which follows the second recipe (173/241) much closer but with a concentration of 1500!

wtf farmers....

sdgrower

sdgrower

Great question pork! I would like to make the 0-9-18 version.
Thanks to anyone who can help

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

Message Christian and talk to him dude...he is cool as ten fans.

I bet he can answer some questions for you. He could probly make you a batch...I dunno.

The guy is easy to conversate with...

His nutes blow AN out of the water...with the same ppm.

Good luck bro!....Please post up whatever recipe you find...the old Hammerhead was the jam!

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

78 g MKP, 90 g K2SO4 into 1 litre of water gives you 0-9-18 N:P2O5:K2O by weight.

I took 9 g of P2O5 (from 0-9-18), and divided by 46% P2O5, and came up with 19.56 g MKP. MKP also gives 5.87 g K2O.
For K2O, 18 g - 5.87 g = 12.13 g K2O, which I need to get from the K2SO4. 12.13 / 54% = 22.46 g K2SO4.
Since these quantities work at 10 ml/L, you multiply by four, to get 2.5 ml/L. (19.56 x 4 = 78.2 g etc) go by EC

this assumes your MKP is 46% P2O5, and 30% K2O, and your K2SO4 is 54% K2O. If your MKP is 52% P2O5 (very pure stuff), you'd need 69 g of MKP and 90 g K2SO4.

hth

dankworth

dankworth

I believe that the p205 is 43.6% pure. Not 100% sure, would have to check.
I read somewhere that the high P boosters are only for soil. Soil washes the P right out for some reason.
So we actually need a K boost, and not necessarily a large P boost. From what I read, that is.
Jalisco Kid, I think, used a 120-60-280-120-60 for bloom. Peak values, at the "boost" towards the end of flowering feeding, were 120-90-320-120-60 if I recall correctly.
I will be bumping up the P and K towards the end, and trying to duplicate JK's ratios to see if the P is as unnecessary as I think it is to get the weight and frost at the end.
I think I was adding too much P unnecessarily all this time. Perhaps a light P boost is all that will be needed.
I will use the MOAB for the triacontanol mainly, and see how the values compute out with the P and K.
I think the P boost in early flowering may be useful for those with stretchy cultivars, but I have not played with this myself.

Edit-I do believe that all the jug nutes show the values of p205 for P, and k20 for K.
K20 being 83% K.

pork

pork

nice to have you back, DW...

thanks for that bit of info....

So MOAB/HH combo calls to reduce base by 50%...I did that and my plants right under the bulbs are starting to yellow up from only half the nitrogen (from Calnit)...also realized they are getting half the Ca....CaCl will help that second part out...but I was thinking I could just bump my Calnit back up to the 120ppm range...After all, you show JK's peak flowering still having 120ppm N, does that mean just the MKP, Potash, and KNO3 were reduced?

dankworth

dankworth

I am not understanding your question well.
Last flowering cycle(a while ago) I dropped the base to 50%, and did the hammerhead/moab combo.
But I added more MKP and K sulfate to be the hammerhead part.

This time coming up, I will still use the MOAB. Other than that, I will adhere as closely as possible to JK's values as I can. Except I will be using 300 ppms K instead of 280 the whole flowering cycle until the boost, then maybe 320 ppms K or a little more during the boost.
Keep in mind JK's N and Ca values are identical. But he points out that Ca is fairly immobile, especially in tree-sized plants. So he foliars with Ca-25.

Ca lack promotes disease susceptibility at a certain point. An abundance of Ca late in flowering may suppress essential oil production I read somewhere i think.

Some Calcium Nitrate may fix your deal, but maybe K nitrate would be more what you are looking for.

I find it much easier to calculate ppms when I use only my own salts. It is a pain in the ass to try to reverse engineer storebought products to figure out ppms to work with my formula.

Top Bottom