Diy Nutes, Why Is There An A And B Solution

• Thread starter rshackleferd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rshackleferd

rshackleferd

fatman's Veg
ppm
Nitrogen 207Phosphorus 82Potassium 300Magnesium 45Calcium 120Sulfur 60Iron 10.00Manganese 5.00Boron 5.00Zinc 5.00Copper 1.0Molybdenum 0.09
Ounces
Part ACalcium Nitrate 39.7Potassium Nitrate 17.2Ammonium Nitrate 9.2Iron Chelate 6.75
Part B
Potassium Nitrate 17.2MonoPotassium Phosphate 25.8Magnesium Sulfate 30.5Manganese Sulfate 1.345Boric Acid / Solubor 1.838Zinc Sulfate 1.457Copper Sulfate .294Ammonium Molybdate .012
Volume of Stock Solutions 5 (2.5 Part A, 2.5 Gallons Part B)Dilution Rate 100pH 5.7EC 1.8Salt Weight 2288 (mg/L)TDS 1246

rshackleferd

rshackleferd

Can you post the nutrients you are referring to? I have yet to see a "1 part synthetic" nutrient that is actually complete and needs nothing else.

Sorry i should have clarified the examples i posted with exact details with the full ingredients of the nutes i was asking about. However my question still remains, why is there two parts to diy nutes for each the veg nutes and the bloom nutes. And how do companies get around the two parts per cycle. Another diy nute person told me they get around this because their chems do not have fillers and etc that keep the chemicals from caking up and absorbing water. It is pure chemicals the companies deal with. I would just like a second opinion

Last edited:
Coir

Coir

What companies are making a 1 part, complete veg or bloom nutrient? Most companies are using CaNo3 as a calcium source and MgSo4 as a magnesium source and mixing those two in a concentrate does not work. Try it if you want to see what happens! In every 2 part nutrient that contains these two elements, they will be separated for this reason.
That said, I have seen a company selling a dry formula that had both in it. Everyone I know that tried it always complained that they were not able to get it all to dissolve and/or there was always nasty stuff on the bottom of their reservoir.

rshackleferd

rshackleferd

What companies are making a 1 part, complete veg or bloom nutrient? Most companies are using CaNo3 as a calcium source and MgSo4 as a magnesium source and mixing those two in a concentrate does not work. Try it if you want to see what happens! In every 2 part nutrient that contains these two elements, they will be separated for this reason.
That said, I have seen a company selling a dry formula that had both in it. Everyone I know that tried it always complained that they were not able to get it all to dissolve and/or there was always nasty stuff on the bottom of their reservoir.
That nasty stuff they are talking about is the anti caking agents used in the base formula of their nute. Every company that i have seen except a couple list one part for veg and one part for bloom, one bottle or package for each cycle that contains their nutrient formula. For example florabloom has their bloom nutes in one bottle just as with the veg. The main question i am asking is this coir, Why are there two parts to the veg and two parts to the bloom of diy formulas for nutrients? Additives such as hormones and silica nutes are not what i am asking about in case we are not on the same page.

Last edited:
Coir

Coir

Even florabloom requires that you add their other base nutrients to the mix for a complete nutrient. The actual bottle of florabloom on it's own will not work well.
Like I explained earlier, trying to mix calcium nitrate with magnesium sulfate in a concentrate will cause all kinds of problems. These are two of the ingredients you listed in "fatmans' veg" and that is why they are kept separate.

rshackleferd

rshackleferd

Even florabloom requires that you add their other base nutrients to the mix for a complete nutrient. The actual bottle of florabloom on it's own will not work well.
Like I explained earlier, trying to mix calcium nitrate with magnesium sulfate in a concentrate will cause all kinds of problems. These are two of the ingredients you listed in "fatmans' veg" and that is why they are kept separate.

The florabloom i have been using does not require using or mixing anything else, it only suggest using the floramicro. I use the florabloom and floragro for all my grows. The floramicro is more or less a booster to each and not required. But anyhow, So how do you think the other companies such as fox farms, dyno gro and others use just one part for each of the veg and bloom. I see what your are saying about keeping some chemicals separate until your ready to use it. Just curious as to how other nute companies get around this problem. Do they use ingredients that do not react with each other? Can anybody else answer this question?

rshackleferd

rshackleferd

Is this the one you use?
Ok, You still havent answered my question.." Which is the whole point of this post.., So how does the other companies such as fox farms, dyno gro and others use just one part for each of the veg and bloom." btw..I have never used floramicro. There is also only one part to floragro unlike the diy floragro nutes i have been asking about and never got a direct answer. Can anybody else please answer this question? Added: If you do the nute calculations with the nute calculator there is enough of the three main elements in florabloom for the entire bloom cycle UNLIKE the diy nutes listed in this post or on this site. If you add both the A and B solution together you will get the exact amount of or shall i say percentages of the commercial florabloom nutes, this does not include the floramicro which is only a booster for florabloom and not floragro.

Last edited:
rshackleferd

rshackleferd

another example, There is the fox farms trio nute line GRO BIG, TIGER BLOOM, and BIG BLOOM. Gro Big is only chem nutes, there is no two parts to it. Then for the bloom cycle you have Tiger Bloom which is also a one part system containing only chem nutes. Then there is Big bloom it only contains organic nutes, it is basically like an additive you do not need it, in fact most people do not use it especially if your into hydroponics. The diy nutes for Fox Farms requires a part A and B solution for each of the Gro Big and Tiger bloom. My question is this, Why is there two parts for the grow cycle and two parts to the bloom cycle in diy formulas when nute companies have only one bottle for each of the gro cycle and one for the bloom cycle? The same could be said about other nute companies.

Last edited:
Coir

Coir

The Floranova is a one part formula but the florabloom is not. I have answered your question in that if you mix Calcium Nitrate with Magnesium Sulfate(your posted formula contains both of these) together in concentrated forms, you will end up with gypsum. Perhaps instead of continually asking, you should just try it and see for yourself. Sometimes seeing it with one's own eyes is better than taking someone else's word for it.

rshackleferd

rshackleferd

The Floranova is a one part formula but the florabloom is not. I have answered your question in that if you mix Calcium Nitrate with Magnesium Sulfate(your posted formula contains both of these) together in concentrated forms, you will end up with gypsum. Perhaps instead of continually asking, you should just try it and see for yourself. Sometimes seeing it with one's own eyes is better than taking someone else's word for it.

Not all of the diy nute formulas require calcium nitrate and magnesium sulfate, in fact there is only a couple that contain these two ingredients and still there is an A and B solution. Fox Farms, dyna gro, floranova, and others only contain one part for each while all of the diy nute formulas calls for a two part solution, why is that? How do these companies get around the two parts for each of their grow formulations and bloom formulations? Ill keep bumping this question up for a couple more days if i don't get an answer o well. Ill just keep adding the two without knowing why..lol. Im starting to get a kick out of this, you make my day coir.. :0)

Last edited:
Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

What about cns17? Is a one part nutrient. What is it missing? I use it and is is missing something, what is it?

rshackleferd

rshackleferd

What about cns17? Is a one part nutrient. What is it missing? I use it and is is missing something, what is it?
Its not missing anything smokey, keep on using it. This post is not about what is missing in nutes smokey.

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

if the ferts are concentrated....they need to be 2 part
if thy are not concentrated......they can be 1 part

fwiw

Top Bottom