DIY Powdery Mildew Annihilation Brew

• Thread starter Freespirit01
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Freespirit01

Freespirit01

This recipe is from Ed Rosenthals book on pests and disease.

I had a bad Powdery Mildew infection that kept returning. Over and over again.

I sprayed with this multiple times over the course of two weeks. Each time I sprayed I raised the milk : water ratio. For the last spray I used half n half cream instead of 2%. This left a thin residue on the leaves but the PM hasn't started up again at all.

Recipe to make just over 1L.

1L of water
100mls milk, any kind of milk (or 1 part milk to 9 parts water)
A few drops of Peppermint Castille Soap
Little bit of seaweed extract
1 tsp Baking Soda (optional and if you add I suggest not using it for more than 1 - 3 applications.

After the first application the Powdery Mildew will appear to be gone. The additional applications are needed to ensure total coverage of any areas that could bloom spores.
If the infection appears to be returning, raise the milk ratio a little bit and respray.
You can soak the whole plant with this if needed.

Warning: Milk : Water ratios of over 3 : 7 may cause a unparasitic mold to form.

Iceman85

Iceman85

Question: Did you spray with lights on or off? I have read several articles stating that milk is only effective when it's antibiotic properties are activated by strong light.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Question: Did you spray with lights on or off? I have read several articles stating that milk is only effective when it's antibiotic properties are activated by strong light.
yes your right..
needs strong intense light..

Latest posts

Top Bottom