Diy Rosin Heat Press Tutorial

• Thread starter motifaded
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

motifaded

Hey everyone!

http://highsimple.com/diy-rosin-heat-press/

Just finished up my blog on a DIY rosin heat press with an arbor press. Let me know what you guys think!

step-5-3.jpg

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

It's working pretty great functionally. Unfortunately I've had terrible bud for rosin lately so I haven't been able to give it a good test for yields. Once I get a good batch in, I'll test it on this for sure. I'm also looking to upgrade this to the 3 ton press in a little bit.
Good grow vibes your way buddy.
Respect

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Nice work. How much force does this design require from the user? Are you just operating it like a normal arbor press, or having to hang off the handle with all your weight?

Your plates look big for only 1-3 tons. I've noticed the most successful producers use 20+ ton presses for plates with that much surface area. The arbor style seems best for small scale pressing, with plates no bigger than 1.5-2" diameter or width.

Last edited:
M

motifaded

How much force does this design require from the user? Are you just operating it like a normal arbor press, or having to hang off the handle with all your weight?

Your plates look big for only 1-3 tons. I've noticed the most successful producers use 20+ ton presses for plates with that much surface area. These seem best for small scale pressing, with plates no bigger than 1.5-2" diameter or width. Great tool for judging harvest harvest times I think.

It kinda maxes out after a certain point, so it's not too straining. You can push super hard but the machine is doing most of the work. It's operating it like a normal arbor press but you're definitely going to put a little bit more force on it.

We've totally found that reducing the size may help. If you only use a little bit of material in a teabag that is small, then the plate size doesn't actually matter though since the area contacted in small. What generally happens though is as it is squished, it spreads it out reducing the overall PSI. The tutorial is still completely the same though and you'd just have to change the cut size that you do.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

The thing about smaller tacos/burritos on the large plates is your extract gets exposed to heat longer. I think the ideal situation is to have it flow out from the plates and drip down the parchment or ptfe away from the heat. So for example 2" round plates do this effeciently with a gram or so of flower, and the resulting puck/chip ends up almost the same size as the plates.

M

motifaded

The thing about smaller tacos/burritos on the large plates is your extract gets exposed to heat longer. I think the ideal situation is to have it flow out from the plates and drip down the parchment or ptfe away from the heat. So for example 2" round plates do this effeciently with a gram or so of flower, and the resulting puck/chip ends up almost the same size as the plates.

Agreed, which basically means smaller plates. I'll probably put a tip in the beginning saying these should be 2x2 but follow the instructions with different plate sizes.

WS4U

WS4U

So im curious because im lazy and dont have tools, could u take a hair straightener the 2 inch fat one and just disassemble it and mount those plates on the press? I looked at a dissambly or flat iron and it seems to have same plate style with heat eliment in plate? Im lookin for more home garden use than production but i like the press idea a very legit tool

M

motifaded

So im curious because im lazy and dont have tools, could u take a hair straightener the 2 inch fat one and just disassemble it and mount those plates on the press? I looked at a dissambly or flat iron and it seems to have same plate style with heat eliment in plate? Im lookin for more home garden use than production but i like the press idea a very legit tool
Absolutely.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

How about induction heating, the nuwave cooktop has very precise temp controls. You could integrate two of them into the press and make the press of inductive material, you should be able to heat the metal plates on the press to whatever temp you need and keep them at the right temp.

M

motifaded

How about induction heating, the nuwave cooktop has very precise temp controls. You could integrate two of them into the press and make the press of inductive material, you should be able to heat the metal plates on the press to whatever temp you need and keep them at the right temp.
That definitely would work.

Top Bottom