DIY - solar panel heater

• Thread starter canadaseed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ByrneBurnham

ByrneBurnham

Canadaseed ! !! ! This is an awesome idea for us farmers in core/cold climates ! ! And the fact that its' solar is BONUS BONUS ! ! ! I thank you immensely ! ! Its not a matter of if but moreso WHEN I build this - all props to you cool cat !

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
God damn, that is BRILLIANT. Thanks for sharing with us, @canadaseed !!

canadaseed

canadaseed

@ByrneBurnham awesome dude, yea i am also building a few of them.. i'm happy the idea can be of use here at the farm. I'm hoping i can use them on indoor window sills to heat my home.!!

@Seamaiden no problem :) happy it can be of use at the farm.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Thats sweet, where does the intake air come in? 12 volt battery and I bet it would run all night.
If it's like other similar water heaters I've seen, there should be a small space left between the top glass panel and one of the frame boards, usually at the bottom.

canadaseed

canadaseed

Thats sweet, where does the intake air come in? 12 volt battery and I bet it would run all night.

from what i gather on this design there isn't, it's probably not a very air tight unit Because aluminum is a soft metal it conducts heat fast, the cans painted black just have heated air inside and a small fan is used to push the heated air out. Finding a spot INSIDE the greenhouse for this unit is ideal imo. because these units are not design with greenhouses in mind I would say us growers will have to modify certain designs. Personally i would set up a unit inside my greenhouse along the base and have clear wrapping there to let direct sunlight in. There are thousands of designs for making these types of heaters.

Top Bottom