DIY Sound insulate your cannon fan

• Thread starter sedate
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Darth Fader

Darth Fader

I wonder if it would be worthwhile on a plastic-bodied Sunleaves. It's already quieter than most.

I

ICON

my friend use to work at home depot & told me they sold some stuff thats simular called db3 a 4ft x 8ft roll $30 maybe it would work maybe not as good i dont know.

sedate

sedate

ICON said:
my friend use to work at home depot & told me they sold some stuff thats simular called db3 a 4ft x 8ft roll $30 maybe it would work maybe not as good i dont know.

Okay. That product is not appropriate for this application.

That product is an asphalt-based massloader. It is not Dynamat. It is nothing like Dynamat. It is not even close to equivalent.

It is not adhesive. It is not made of a viscoelastic material that actually stops soundwaves - like butyl rubber based-Dynamat.

. . . I've explained this ad naseum on car audio boards . . .

Roofing and construction materials are NOT Dynamat. They are made of asphalt and asphalt based material - it does nothing but provide an extra heavy non-reactive layer in a floorboard or something like that. It is not appropriate liner for a car door - or in this case - grow equipment.

The very first generation of Dynamat - the stuff you had to use a heat-gun for and only went on the trunk liner that people used in like 1992 - that stuff was an asphalt based material.

It is also shocking ineffective and difficult to use for smaller applications like this.

Don't waste money trying to save money.

Buy the right material the first time. A few sheets of Dynamat and a dyna-roller cost less than $80 - less than $50 for a 6" fan.

EDIT: That product is actually appropriate for this thread:

S

SarlCagan

Hey Sedate! I hope you are still subscribed to this thread... any chance you could show off your technique again here? My 6" fan is crazy loud. I'm hoping the Dynamat does the trick. Your pics are no longer showing in the original post.

Thanks man!

Latest posts

Top Bottom