DIY trim bin/tray? Anyone else?

• Thread starter SofaKingHigh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

So I’m frugal (cheap) so I made a trim tray. Not the best I could have done but not bad for just using what I had around. Anyone else make there own? Someday I’ll buy a real one but for now this will work.
3BA2F77E 2317 4034 8E55 C2098C04F650
90726961 4BE3 4574 A941 3E5370F1BD9E
21A24038 07AB 49D3 9CCE 03696D493C5D
6E2A9F49 9AAA 4334 9F27 0593CF09A84C

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
That's class, I was thinking of making one out of plastic washing basins and some kind off mesh from Amazon, make some different micron sized options to use or as an insert.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

So I’m frugal (cheap) so I made a trim tray. Not the best I could have done but not bad for just using what I had around. Anyone else make there own? Someday I’ll buy a real one but for now this will work.
That looks to be a better tray than store bought.

quirk

quirk

Very nice assembly. If you could find a screen with a higher mesh count, it would make for a lot less green material in your kief. Figuring your tray to be 10" wide, I calculate your screen at a 15-20, count as opposed to the commercial Trim Bin count of 150-220. But it all smokes.

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Very nice assembly. If you could find a screen with a higher mesh count, it would make for a lot less green material in your kief. Figuring your tray to be 10" wide, I calculate your screen at a 15-20, count as opposed to the commercial Trim Bin count of 150-220. But it all smokes.
I did think about that and I just happen to have this stainless steel screen around so I used it. I have seen people buying t-shirt printing screens you can get much finer screen.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
damn... and i'm one of those chumps that bought the $60 trim bin for my ol lady because trimming is her contribution to the growing, and i was tired of sweeping up a ton of kief off the kitchen table. my question with screen printing mesh is this -- does it generate static? i've never worked with the material, but my thought is it could get clogged fairly quickly if it's made of plastic or another material that generates static.

Kevuk

Kevuk

large Buddies box are a cheap alternative.

Trimbins are the biggest rip off in a industry where everything has a cannabis tax added.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
large Buddies box are a cheap alternative.

Trimbins are the biggest rip off in a industry where everything has a cannabis tax added.
try getting a hold of a rear wheel drive late 80s-90s Japanese car haha same damn thing. "label" tax is inherent in all niches.

it's the cost of hobbies unfortunately, and as any businessman knows, you never lower your prices, you keep raising em until sales drop. people will pay what the market dictates, and a convenience factor attached to a quality product can't be argued against.

all that being said, yeah, i can say the cost of a trimbin is... questionable. the ergonomics are nice though, and the build quality is decent enough. worth what i paid? eh, maybe. if i didn't spend the money on that, would've spent it elsewhere.

Latest posts

Top Bottom