Diy Under Current Set Up Materials

• Thread starter mrsmarybrown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mrsmarybrown

mrsmarybrown

I am trying to set up my own RDWC in the UnderCurrent design. What kind of seals do I need for attaching the 3" and 1" piping to the containers? And where do I find them?

Legallyflying

Legallyflying

Uniseals are expensive but there is a site that sells them pretty cheap.

Actually I have about 16 Of the 3" or 4" unseals I can sell you on the cheap if your interested

mrsmarybrown

mrsmarybrown

Thank you Legally flying, that is greatly appreciated, but we decided to go with a CC UC manufactured unit this time instead of DIY. If it works for us, and once we get the bugs worked out, we may then expand into a second DIY unit, once we have more experience with the RWDC.

A

AzDidde

I am trying to set up my own RDWC in the UnderCurrent design. What kind of seals do I need for attaching the 3" and 1" piping to the containers? And where do I find them?

Tip: Stay away from uniseals and use 2inch PVC bulkheads. I've used both and Uniseals are a constant headache at times regarding consistent seals. You could bump the system and you'll find a small leak that has spring around a random uniseal. Spent the couple of extra hundred dollars. TRUST me, it's worth the extra money in immensely reduced headaches and grief.

2inch bulkheads can be found on the internet for approx $6 or bulkhead. The square buckets may be a headache to find and a little pricey to ship.

DapperDon

DapperDon

Tip: Stay away from uniseals and use 2inch PVC bulkheads. I've used both and Uniseals are a constant headache at times regarding consistent seals. You could bump the system and you'll find a small leak that has spring around a random uniseal. Spent the couple of extra hundred dollars. TRUST me, it's worth the extra money in immensely reduced headaches and grief.

2inch bulkheads can be found on the internet for approx $6 or bulkhead. The square buckets may be a headache to find and a little pricey to ship.

Were you having failure with your uniseals? If so, were you using them on round buckets?

A

AzDidde

Were you having failure with your uniseals? If so, were you using them on round buckets?

Yes, they were used on round buckets. Was a nightmare to deal with, but it was a mini test build. I would highly recommend that people spend the extra money on the square buckets (same ones used for the current culture systems) and use bulkheads. The 3 inch bulkheads are overkill. Using 2 inch bulkheads will give you no problems and are 1/3 the price of the 3 inches and are a lot easier to get a hold of. Check out Hydroponics.net for the buckets. They offered the cheapest prices for nutrients and supplies on the west coast via internet. Good luck.

Top Bottom