DIY Under Current start-up procedure

• Thread starter whiskeygirl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

whiskeygirl

Just finished a DIY under current system.. 1st time with under current. What is the best way to start this system up prior to putting in the plants. Clean/Flush/sterlize??? Fill with H2O/Nutrients let sit overnight??? Just wondering how the pros do it. This one will be used for vegging and then they will go into a seperate system for bud.
Thanks!

Diy under current start up procedure
Diy under current start up procedure 2
Diy under current start up procedure 3
BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Looks nifty
You can run a dry run to make sure theres no leaks for starters and since your doing that it aint gonna hurt to throw some bleach or physon20 in there. Then flush refill and flush.
After all thats done let dry a day and then fill with water and nutes and let everything mix for an hour or two and drop em in. Thats what I do after a run.
Good luck
BG

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
love the diy - looks clean and well thought out

I would just fill them up with ro water until your past the tops of the uniseals and check for leaks

W

whiskeygirl

What about the water level. Some guys here like to put it 1-2 inched up on the pot. Others say 1-2 inches below the pot and create an airgap. I like the second theory. Of course I will be hand watering (from the epi) until the roots find the H2O.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
unless your gals have good roots (vegged elsewhere in netpots) out the bottom when you put them in you should run it above the bottom of the pot

even still its not a bad idea to hand water them couple times a day - once you roots are shooting into the solution then you should run it an inch or so below

L

LongFlight

I like mine 2" up the netpots until they poke out 2-3" under and then I keep it 1-2" below then on

make sure you have some way of priming your pump if necessary

Top Bottom