Diy Upswell Rdwc

• Thread starter h4ppyf4rmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

You have no plants in there. When you have plants flowering its gonna make the temps higher and the rh higher, and the dehuey is gonna really put heat in there come middle and late flower. Its tough!

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

Last modification I'm going to make, added air stones to each bucket. The last time I only had two air stones in the reservoir. Right now I'm running a half cup of bleach to clean things out. Will probably drop my veg plants in the tent next week sometime

IMG 20170923 134445

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

Gents, sorry to break in here, but can’t locate the thread on the diy formula for the res cleaner, any help appreciated.
Here’s my diy effort for a cloner.

nice cloner... I use a 1/2 cup of plain bleach with fresh water and run it in my system. I'll then remove all the water/bleach

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

after running with my updated water/exhaust, things are running really well... bucket levels are all fairly even within the buckets, the temperature when the lights are on are in the mid-to-upper 70s, humidity is in the upper 50s/low 60s ...

Kingpossum

Kingpossum

wat sort of air are we talking about for 4-6 pots. in L/min or something
and the water pump too. :party1:

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

wat sort of air are we talking about for 4-6 pots. in L/min or something
and the water pump too. :party1:

I bought the following for 6 5-gallon buckets:
1 - Active Aqua Air Pump, 4 Outlets, 6W, 15.0 L/min
1 - Active Aqua Air Pump, 2 Outlets, 3W, 7.8 L/min
1 - EcoPlus 728310 Eco 396 Fixed Flow Submersible Pump 396 GPH

and 6 large cylinder air stones, one for each bucket. I do not run an air stone in the reservoir.

DGP

DGP

I bought the following for 6 5-gallon buckets:
1 - Active Aqua Air Pump, 4 Outlets, 6W, 15.0 L/min
1 - Active Aqua Air Pump, 2 Outlets, 3W, 7.8 L/min
1 - EcoPlus 728310 Eco 396 Fixed Flow Submersible Pump 396 GPH

and 6 large cylinder air stones, one for each bucket. I do not run an air stone in the reservoir.

How did things work out with your system and the flower cycle you started? I am always interested in various forms of RDWC.....

Dee

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

How did things work out with your system and the flower cycle you started? I am always interested in various forms of RDWC.....

Dee
my system runs pretty well. The run between Oct to Dec pulled 37 ounces from six plants. The run I just completed two weeks ago pulled 27 ounces. The plants this run were in constant cold water (60 degrees) and I cut back on the veg time by a week(only Vegged 3 weeks instead of 4). The plants were much shorter this time as well. The end bud was great with lots of frosties ...

I'm slowly planning my next bloom tent, increasing to 9 plants. I'm also going to create a much cheaper version of the undercurrent design and having three separate 3 square 7.5 gallon buckets attached to a 7.5 gallon epicenter so I can have a 3 bucket perpetual grow(basically three separate rows of three buckets each with it's own epicenter). That way every 4 weeks I'll be processing 3 plants.

The biggest problem with my system is clogged output ports. If it clogs, the buckets overflow. I'll be putting pictures up of the new setup as I go. so far, I've ordered the pump, square 7.5 buckets with covers, 2" pvc slip-slip bulkhead connectors(for between the buckets, 3/4" PVC connectors for the feed.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

Have you seen my DIY build log for an 8 bucket UC system? I did a system that was only $300 or so to set up. I love Current Cultures systems but they are several thousand dollars for an 8 site....

That yield sounds very nice, was it using a 4X8 space?

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...formance-under-current-for-300-or-less.94487/

Dee

I just went through your entire thread, looks nice... I'm going to be doing the same thing because the UC system is too expensive for me too. The one thing that I'm going to try is to reverse the water flow and use an submersible pump. instead of sucking the water out of the nodes and back to the epicenter bucket, I'm going to push the water into the last bucket in line basically reversing the water current direction. The pump is about the third of the cost of an external inline pump. seems like it should work };-)

The yields are for a 6 bucket system in a 4x8 tent. my new tent will be either an 8x8 or 9x9.

Latest posts

Top Bottom