diy vertical uc design question

• Thread starter zor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

zor

I am currently designing a new setup and was considering the undercurrent in a vertical configuration.

The plan was to create a hexagon with 6 plant sides connected together with 60 degree elbows.

In a circular setup such as this one, i'm not exactly sure if i should bother with the reducing tee in the 'middle' of the buckets like a traditional uc 4xl.

Are there any disadvantages to simply allowing the water to flow around the hexagon with no reducing tee in the middle. In other words, could i put the 3/4" return line on the last bucket of the hexagon instead of putting the return in the traditional spot?

Buckets
G

Gaval

might be easier to just box em around it if your worrying about the water pressure problem maybe just spin the pots every couple days? not an expert on uc figured id give u my 2 cents

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
If you don't use the reduction T return line back to your control bucket, what creates the circulation thru the buckets?

I would put the return line in there if it where me, that way you'll maintain even draw and flow down both side of three buckets.

Make sure all your elbows and pvc runs are the same length and configuration to insure the flow is constant in all of them.

Tex

Z

zor

texas, thx for the advice.

i was thinking of putting the return line at the bottom of the last bucket in the circle. I understand that for a traditional 'square' setup, the T return line makes an even flow through both sides. However, for a circular setup. Is there still an advantage if all of the buckets would have the same flow?

Latest posts

Top Bottom