DIY watering system

• Thread starter Haggardass
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Haggardass

Haggardass

Drip irig
Im in the middle of a guerilla grow and its gonna get hot this summer i have to drag water out to my spot because my water source fell through. so i came up with an idea to keep them watered while im away..
im thinking of using pvc pipe and 90 degree elbows to form a square, rigging some fitting on it for bottles, something like 2 liter or 3 liter bottles, ill come up with a way to fix them on there, drilling holes in the bottom of the pipe i dont know how many or how big yet, and then holding it down to the soil with something like lansdcaping pins (big ass staples) or something equivalent. i have a rough idea drawn up let me know what you think.

Haggardass

Haggardass

Lol thx man I shop two places nirvana and attitude and thx for the advice I'm thinking if I spray paintit all and green duct tape should light proof.it

Haggardass

Haggardass

Ps I wouldn't be putting nutes in it I use compost teas and super soil

Haggardass

Haggardass

That site threw an error code when I went to it can you try reposting it I'm interested.to read anything

glockdoc

glockdoc

click link and then in address bar
take out invalid and replace with icmag, just tried that and it worked

neverbreak

neverbreak

i like the concept. bottles larger than 2l or 3l might be an idea though if you wanna be able to leave them for longer than a day or two. maybe 10l?

and as you're guerilla growing you might wanna think about painting those pvc pipes to make them less visible. white sticks out in the bush.

neverbreak

Haggardass

Haggardass

wow thats ingenius im loving that idea gonna try and think of a way to implement it into my grow this season perhaps. thank alot man

Haggardass

Haggardass

i like the concept. bottles larger than 2l or 3l might be an idea though if you wanna be able to leave them for longer than a day or two. maybe 10l?

and as you're guerilla growing you might wanna think about painting those pvc pipes to make them less visible. white sticks out in the bush.

neverbreak

oh ya for sure i dont take anything out unless its painted thats for sure i was also thinking i could take soething like a 30 gallon tote out there, set it up in the tree by my spot (camo of course) and run dripper lines to the plants and have a gravity fed drip system.

glockdoc

glockdoc

wow thats ingenius im loving that idea gonna try and think of a way to implement it into my grow this season perhaps. thank alot man
i know! when i seen that i said the same thing. i read all of that thread and one key thing if your going to copy that is to MAKE SURE TO HAVE A CAP FOR THE PVC PIPE THAT YOU USE FOR REFILLING THE WATER! so no sun and junk enters into the makeshift res, you wont get alge or any bs growing in your shit.

Fasheeryfo

Fasheeryfo

I would do the tote in some shade if possible with 1" or 3/4" poly line running off that you can coil around the plant and put holes in or run spaghetti lines with the shower head spikes you would really only need one for one plant.. you can buy an auto timer that runs on batteries I've used one that has the days of the week and you can set it to run a certain amount of time for each day or I just got a new one that has 15 settings such as 5 minutes every 12 hours, 5 minutes every 25 hours, 10 minutes every 12 hours 10 minutes every 24 hours... you get the idea, they are usually 50$+ but I think worth it especially for peace of mind.
edit: just realized this is probably a little late, my bad! Something else to add, you need to keep in mind the water heating up that's why the tote should be in shade.

Haggardass

Haggardass

Thx man I actually only have three plants left so I can manage without a watering system just taking water out lol

juniorgrower

juniorgrower

Some times I wish I had a watering system!! Lugging buckets of water every day gets old fast! Be nice to actually get a little rain once in a while.

Haggardass

Haggardass

lol my rain is timing itself perfectly.. since the first part of last month i only had to go out like three times lol just went 14 days without going out there.. i found some big ass spiders on the way out and almost took one to the face lol i have pictures ill post tomorrow morning im gonna get some sleep right not

Haggardass

Haggardass

i just put them up on the link in my sig nothing to exciting but i know its gonna get better

Top Bottom