DIY WiFi LED light timer with heat and cooling Temperature control

• Thread starter Kootenay.kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kootenay.kid

Kootenay.kid

Gro board colored

WiFi light heating/cooling temperature controller

Not sure about others but I really enjoy working with my hands so if there is something I can build and not buy it I usually try to go that route. I worked in the hydroponic industry for over 10 years and that was just what we did 40+ hours a week

LED lights being newish it opens more options for the DIY fiend. This is a link to a temperature Heating and Cooling with LED light timer board but its customized to control a heater and a cooling fan on one board LED lights in my experience keep things in the room/ tent too cool and regardless of what some peeps say your plants will not draw the same nutes when cool as when warm when the temp is higher ( within reason of course) the plants loose more moisture when plants loose and use the moisture they need to draw up more and they take fert with it.

I don't think many people draw the correlation between the two when starting out with LEDs you really need to change your whole watering philosophy and its caused more than a few people to loose crops.

Now traditionally heating was not required cooling yes heating not really because of the heat lights n ballasts produced so most controllers do not include heat option so you need to use the heaters thermostat and that did not shut off the fans so wasted heat electricity etc and hard to synch up.

So I built this and it works amazing. it can be used for space heaters, Res heaters, seedling mats etc it heats and cools independently of one another but not on at the same time unless you program it that way. then you have a WiFi light controller so you can do a great deal of things one of the coolest is synch your lights to the outside sunrise and sunset or dark control it all from your phone with alexa google home etc but no one knows what its controlling its a simple WiFi switch like in any home so no worries about using it.

Adding a heater took me from slow growth to an inch a day or more just like if I was using the old school HID lights

Its customizable, small inexpensive, fun to build and works amazing

you can see the tutorial to build it here

dire wolf

dire wolf

View attachment 1114008
WiFi light heating/cooling temperature controller

Not sure about others but I really enjoy working with my hands so if there is something I can build and not buy it I usually try to go that route. I worked in the hydroponic industry for over 10 years and that was just what we did 40+ hours a week

LED lights being newish it opens more options for the DIY fiend. This is a link to a temperature Heating and Cooling with LED light timer board but its customized to control a heater and a cooling fan on one board LED lights in my experience keep things in the room/ tent too cool and regardless of what some peeps say your plants will not draw the same nutes when cool as when warm when the temp is higher ( within reason of course) the plants loose more moisture when plants loose and use the moisture they need to draw up more and they take fert with it.

I don't think many people draw the correlation between the two when starting out with LEDs you really need to change your whole watering philosophy and its caused more than a few people to loose crops.

Now traditionally heating was not required cooling yes heating not really because of the heat lights n ballasts produced so most controllers do not include heat option so you need to use the heaters thermostat and that did not shut off the fans so wasted heat electricity etc and hard to synch up.

So I built this and it works amazing. it can be used for space heaters, Res heaters, seedling mats etc it heats and cools independently of one another but not on at the same time unless you program it that way. then you have a WiFi light controller so you can do a great deal of things one of the coolest is synch your lights to the outside sunrise and sunset or dark control it all from your phone with alexa google home etc but no one knows what its controlling its a simple WiFi switch like in any home so no worries about using it.

Adding a heater took me from slow growth to an inch a day or more just like if I was using the old school HID lights

Its customizable, small inexpensive, fun to build and works amazing

you can see the tutorial to build it here
Awesome , thanks for the video

Top Bottom