DM Reverse - how late in flower?

• Thread starter cctt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cctt

I think the title says it all. How late can I use this product, and will it be effective if I missed the first-7-days as the instructions specify? I have some genetics that seem very prone to pop out male flowers - even only 4 weeks in.

C

cctt

If anyone else is looking for an answer to this, here's what I found:
Reverse works best in the first few weeks, but will still help somewhat later on. It should not be used within 4 weeks of harvest.

opt1c

opt1c

i've heard of people pushing it at 3 weeks till chop when shit went south to use as a last resort but if you're before that u should be fine... just make sure to mix a little saturator in as per the directions or it won't work and could harm the pistils

MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

Dude, I wouldn't use that shit if I were you... If your genetics are prone to herm you should get new ones or make sure you don't have anything that will stress the plant and make it hermie... Check for light leaks and hot spots and things like that... I try to avoid spraying anything on my plants because I smoke them... That shit can't be good for you

T

Thatgirl

I have a NL strain that seems REALLY prone to heming too. SO annoying. I am totally ditching it, so over it! I am like, pretty damn sure that seedless watermelons and cucumbers are genetically grown that way, not sprayed with shit that makes their seeds shrink. Comparing a pot plant going hermi, and seedless fruit is even more abstract then comparing apples to oranges lol. Or not, because its all genetics Lol.

S

StonerB

I have seen the reverse turn a female into a male. Not stress, not a hermie a fuckin MALE. I had a single plant that several clones were taken from before being flowered. I enjoyed the flowers so much that I began topping all the remaining clones to be future mothers. These tops were rooted and given as a sample along with some of the flowers to a club that was taking clone orders. The demand was insane and the new mothers were RAPED for cuts untill one showed stress bannanas. It was sprayed with REVERSE and isolated to recover while the rest continued to pump out clones. All was going well, untill the "stressed" girl was put back on the chopping block. Sure enough about 2 wks later start getting phone calls claiming growers were getting MALES. Im used to user error stress types causing hermies but these were from veteran growers that brought them back and they were fuckin MALE . I dont know what else to blame but the dutch master.

jyip

jyip

dm reverse sounds like a great tool to use to make ur own seeds then, just spraya branch and get some pollen and cust anoter branch with the "selfed pollen"..would this work ok?? jus curious

MrSmilehappy

MrSmilehappy

I will say this, I've heard more cons about this product then anything else. However, once you begin to analyze some of the critiques given then you kind of see through the grass. I've used reverse myself after having light outages during my veg process and dark phase. My ladies were in the dark phase for as long as 72, and I actually didn't start using the DM Reverse until the 3rd week of flowering( because I really was going back and forth on just killing the run). Needless to say I used the whole bottle like instructed, and then applied another application ten days later. Pretty much my results were significant in my opinion because I grew different og kush strains and an alien strain. I've counted literally 1 seed out of 55 plants. Sacs were formed throughout flowering but either the site ended up forming a bud site or it didn't form a seed at all. Considering i was so stressed about it I was so relieved but at the same time kicking myself because I didn't run CO2.

Needless to say I stand by DM Reverse, just make sure you use it as instructed!

opt1c

opt1c

dm reverse sounds like a great tool to use to make ur own seeds then, just spraya branch and get some pollen and cust anoter branch with the "selfed pollen"..would this work ok?? jus curious

i don't think it works like that... u might hit all your unsexed plants before flipping into 12/12 if u want to see if u can influence the male to female ratio... plants have male and female hormones in them at different levels... they are released during the start of flowering... from what i understand reverse acts to increase the level of female hormones and suppress the male hormones

i've heard of plants going to shit on account of being raped for clones over a repeated period of time but never on account of using reverse lol... but if its not the gardener it's got to be the product ;) new wave was supposed to be the new gsc but a couple generations in cuts started turning straight male... lacon used to be the shit but everyone i know who had it had their cuts go to shit after 3 years... there is a lot to be said for crosses and fresh genetics; other cuts keep kicking 5-10 years plus with no changes... just makes finding those keepers that much harder

MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

then i hope you've never eaten a seedless watermelon or cucumber :joint:

They are bred that way... And I know, tons of shit goes into the food we eat and I am sure that all that shit they use is not the safest thing to ingest either... All I was saying is that when I have the control and ability to not use chemicals or hormones I try not to... If you have an unstable strain, you should get another one! No sense in wasting the money on DM Reverse every time you grow that shit...

MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

But apparently the "seedless plants" are dipped in growth regulators to make more sprout or something and I am pretty sure that growth regulators are really bad for you (they have been banned in multiple states) so that is a whole other story there...

jyip

jyip

i don't think it works like that... u might hit all your unsexed plants before flipping into 12/12 if u want to see if u can influence the male to female ratio... plants have male and female hormones in them at different levels... they are released during the start of flowering... from what i understand reverse acts to increase the level of female hormones and suppress the male hormones
so u can use it on herlied plts and other special situations then, goin back to my idea, you could have a male plant, take pollen , and then hit it with reverse and see if u get a female platn and then dust it with it own gentically same pollen , would that make a rertard so to speak or a more pore strain?

thx 4 aqny feedback

S

StonerB

i've heard of plants going to shit on account of being raped for clones over a repeated period of time but never on account of using reverse lol... but if its not the gardener it's got to be the product ;) new wave was supposed to be the new gsc but a couple generations in cuts started turning straight male... lacon used to be the shit but everyone i know who had it had their cuts go to shit after 3 years... there is a lot to be said for crosses and fresh genetics; other cuts keep kicking 5-10 years plus with no changes... just makes finding those keepers that much harder
I have as well heard of this but going to shit and changing sex are two very different situations. And yes the gardener can be the problem, I was very direct and upfront about the problem that I caused which was stress due to overworking her for clones. Ive done this shit a LONG time and along the way stressed out and even killed LOTS of plants. The only ones that ever CHANGED SEX were hit with the reverse. I would love to blame the genetics and yes it was a very new cross from an unknown breeder however the same strain that was not sprayed had no problems. Im fully aware this is not the claimed, intended, or even common result of the product but my claim is that it did it once because ive SEEN IT HAPPEN.

jyip

jyip

soner
I have as well heard of this but going to shit and changing sex are two very different situations. And yes the gardener can be the problem, I was very direct and upfront about the problem that I caused which was stress due to overworking her for clones. Ive done this shit a LONG time and along the way stressed out and even killed LOTS of plants. The only ones that ever CHANGED SEX were hit with the reverse. I would love to blame the genetics and yes it was a very new cross from an unknown breeder however the same strain that was not sprayed had no problems. Im fully aware this is not the claimed, intended, or even common result of the product but my claim is that it did it once because ive SEEN IT HAPPEN.
B, i have realted question for ya

I hav a tray 35 days into flower, and about 4 days back i realized that the AC led readout and another small light LEAK had hermied about 9 out of 20 plts in tray...the ones closest to the LEAK got it worst....I am in the room alot and didnt notice any visual signs of hermieing,,, as in male flowers or strange growth,,,nothing UNTIL I saw a fat seed bract swelling open on top of a cola,,, seeds are almost fully developed,,,,the plants closest to light source also grow INTO an ocsilating fan thst glances the branch tips (stress??) , also another ocsilating fan blows directly (stress??) at two of these affected plants that are coincedentially closest to light LEAK.... so you think the added stress of fan nipping branches and the strong direct fan blowing on plants gave xtra stress contributing to seed development??
Also, why didnt i see or the plants show any signs,,, i have grew for my while adult life,,, never saw this b4,,, nothing till seedbracts pop open pregnant,,,wild shit fo sho!
also, i guess weak genetics also contributed to this, cuz onluy one strain seems affected the most,, and one strain didnt get hermied either,, but it was on oppisite side of light leak

yj\x for any info,,good luck with urs too!

Top Bottom