DM Zone usage

• Thread starter Chris1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Chris1

Hi. Just bought a bottle of DM Zone...bottle says to add BEFORE nutrients, but I just changed my 20 gallon res yesterday and I'd hate to have to waste nutes...can I just add it now???

OGONLY

OGONLY

I've used it before and never knew it was to be added before nutes. My plants did fine.

S

smokestack23

I've been using it too for a few weeks now and didn't know to add it prior to nutes. I've been adding it last. Haven't had ANY problems and the Zone is keeping my roots very happy. I WILL though now, start adding it first. thanks for the heads-up.

So...the moral is...go ahead and add it now and you shouldn't have any trouble (I guess depending on brand of nutes??) but..from now on...add it first I guess? that's what I'm gonna do.

Thanks again.

C

Chris1

I went ahead and added it with the nutes already in. But the bottle says, and I quote...

"...Add gold Range Zone before nutrient then adjust pH (5.5-5.8)"

I left my fan off for 3 1/2 hours today, my water temps were 77 :rain:rain

S

smokestack23

I think it's because we have the black bottles while you have the gold one. I just checked and it says nothing about any order in which to add. HOWEVER, I'm gonna do it how your bottle says to anyway. Thanks again.

YEEOUCH!! howcome your water is so hot?

I must be lucky. My reses arent in the flower rooms but they ARE in a room that's like 68deg?..the flower rooms exhaust into the res (control) room.

I did put foam pipe insulation tubes on my drain and feedlines but I don't know if it helped. I did it as a precaution. My room temps are usually a little over 80deg. Each rdwc runs a total of 35gallons. They are 4 plant "pods" each with 4 5 gal pails for the plants and a res. The fives are probably holding about 3gallons each and the res probably has about 23 gallons..well..minus what's in the lines all the time. I thought I was going to run into problems but my water is always between 67 and 70 deg. ONCE I saw it get up to 72. That's when I got the Zone. I was already using SM90.

As these get harvested I'm turfing the 5gal pails for larger bins. I also thought my drains would clog but I'm still getting WICKED flow. I'm past the dangerous time for everything now pretty well. I think I got EXTREMELY lucky. I've been armed and ready though, waiting for something to go south in the roots. Anything the Zone and SM90 can't handle, I'll attack with a jar of great white I have standing-by.

I either got lucky or the Zone and SM90 really ARE awesome. It's been flawless so far and I've been running these systems for a while now.
???
YMMV...IMO...FWIW...

C

Chris1

I just installed my 400 cfm inline fan, so hopefully these temps go down...

Top Bottom