DNA Pure Afghan

• Thread starter MendoCruz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MendoCruz

MendoCruz

I just ordered a 13 seed pack of DNA Pure Afghan. Has anyone tried this strain? Anyone have pictures of vegging/flowering plants.

catdaddy

catdaddy

i was wondering about this cross myself, being that everyone around my way loves afghani. when you get the chance to grow them out please share. thanks in advance.

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

Hey Mendo, hope all is good on your end bro. Never grown this strain from DNA, but my someone in my families been growing some pure afghan goo for 10+ years, always so sticky and dank, hard as FUCK to trim is greasy as shit.

Found a link to a grow of some of DNA's stuff for ya, here ya go!

Hit me up sometime homie, hope all's good with ya!

MendoCruz

MendoCruz

Thanks OGP! His plants looked really stressed but came out looking ok. I hope that means that if I do a good job they will be fire.

phenotyper

phenotyper

I had a pack of these and I had a ton of trouble germinating them. I was going to test them out as breeding stock, but decided to pick something else when I saw the poor germ rate. I will be watching! I hope yours do better than mine!

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

Thanks OGP! His plants looked really stressed but came out looking ok. I hope that means that if I do a good job they will be fire.

For sure, I re-read the diary after posting a link up to you and realized that as well. Even with how unhealthy his plants looked at some points in the diary they still produced some firey top cola's, looked like some prime shit to me!

Hope everything is goin' well for you bro! When ever you get a chance, shoot me a PM, I'll be back in the cruz in a day or two, if your free let me know.

Keep rockin' yo shit Mendo, been puffin on that SourOG a few times a week, can't stay away from it homie! :pimp: That's some top notch smoke!

MendoCruz

MendoCruz

Thanks OGP! Wait till you see the Sage n' Sour clone cut! She made the Sour Og her bitch! I'll kick you some when she is ready.

Phyno, Thanks for the reply. I hope mine pop at a better rate.

Motarebel

Motarebel

A waste of time and space is how my bro put it so i'm pullin for ya that your's turn out better.

MendoCruz

MendoCruz

Mota,
Please be more descriptive. Did the seeds not pop? Did they not grow? Low yield? Bad quality? how did he grow them? ID or OD? Hydro or soil?

I looked at the link that OGP put up and even though the the guy messed up the plants, it seemed to turn out ok. I can imagine that they would do better with more care.

I'm looking for some discription of how they grew and finished. If you have, or a friend has, please let me know about them in some detail.
Thanks Farmers

MendoCruz

MendoCruz

I had a pack of these and I had a ton of trouble germinating them. I was going to test them out as breeding stock, but decided to pick something else when I saw the poor germ rate. I will be watching! I hope yours do better than mine!

Do you have any pictures of them? Did you end up with any that popped and lived. Did you grow any of them out full term?

fractal

fractal

Hope they turn out dank for you but there's always the deep chunk waiting in case the dna gear doesn't deliver. Deep Chunk is my definition of pure afghani,it leaves nothing to be desired.

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

I looked at the link that OGP put up and even though the the guy messed up the plants, it seemed to turn out ok. I can imagine that they would do better with more care.

Thanks OGP! Wait till you see the Sage n' Sour clone cut! She made the Sour Og her bitch! I'll kick you some when she is ready.

Sweet bro! Sounds good homie, you got my digits, jus gimme a ring an we'll hook up for a burn session sometime. I've be strugglin' hella right about now with property owner visits, power outages stunted all my girls, finally getting things back in order and shit should be falling into place soon enough.

Trying to get a cycle done at my current place so I can move out towards where your at (lil cheaper, an i love the mountains.) right around summer time of this year. Need a chiller spot or shit isn't going to happen for me.

Glad to see shits rollin for you homie! All your dank is pure fire! Keep rockin it!

:banana1sv6: Good luck!

Motarebel

Motarebel

Mota,
Please be more descriptive. Did the seeds not pop? Did they not grow? Low yield? Bad quality? how did he grow them? ID or OD? Hydro or soil?

I'm looking for some discription of how they grew and finished. If you have, or a friend has, please let me know about them in some detail.
Thanks Farmers

Hazeman grew these out,germ rate was good but the end product wasn't all that. He's an excellent grower and gets feedback from his patients,just not the feedback we was hoping for. "A" had givin me permission to do a project with their pure afghan but that and the x18 were not good for us.I love most of DNA's work ,just didn't connect with those 2 strains. Definately rock those out,were dirt farmers so maybe hydro is the way?

MendoCruz

MendoCruz

Thanks Mota! I'll try them in the hydro but really got them to grow outside and hopefully to get a good, short, fast male to breed with my tall long ladies. All my favorites in the stable are Diesel or Sage n' Sour crosses. Hoping to speed them up a little or shorten the duration.

Fractal,
Who bred the Deep Chunk? Do you have a link to a site that has Pictures and literature on it?

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Little more info for you. Subcool did a run of the pure afgan and posted the grow on youtube.
[YOUTUBE]gOm5OjdcvRg[/YOUTUBE]

Who bred the Deep Chunk? Do you have a link to a site that has Pictures and literature on it?
Tom Hill's Deep Chunk. I had some beans but none of em popped. Amazing smoke, have not had any in years.
This unique broadleaf from Afghanistan was introduced to Northern California in the latter part of the 1970's.

A fast flowering plant with thick stems, short internodes, and excellent resin production of the highest quality.

The smoke is thick and full-bodied. Flavors range from skunk to Hashy pine, from grapefruit, to chocolate, to coffee.

Deep Chunk breeds true for many traits and has earned a solid reputation as a valuable tool in many breeding programs. Yield: low/medium Flowering time: 8 weeks +/-

fractal

fractal

Yeah tom hill's flagship strain is the deep chunk. I had seeds that I grew from beans he personally gave to my mentor in humboldt. They all turned deep purple by the end of flowering and had the most amazing leathery, spicy hash aromas and yielded surprisingly well for a stocky plant with huge leaves. One of them had a blueberry flavor that led me to suspect that a pure afghan was where the whole blueberry spectrum of flavors originally came from. The hash from the DC is insane, it's a true magic carpet ride. I can't say enough about the chunk but plenty has already been said on all the forums. Beans are available from a popular outlet it won't take more than a minute of searching to find them.

general_sketch

general_sketch

I've grown a pack of the Pure Afghan. Frankly, it's a hit or miss line. The plants I came across cut a wide swath in terms of phenotypical expressions, some of which may surprise you.

There was one that was well worth the price of the pack all on its own. She started out as the runt, I had germinated her a day after all the others and she had a slow start in veg but by day 1 of 12/12 she was bigger than every other plant. It had a sharp grapefruit smell with a hashy bottom to the aroma. Very tasty. Great buzz, all body but not narcotic, more euphoric/relaxing. Yielded well, looked fantastic and delivered the goods. If I didn't think the line was so hit or miss, I'd buy more to find another like her.

MendoCruz

MendoCruz

I've grown a pack of the Pure Afghan. Frankly, it's a hit or miss line. The plants I came across cut a wide swath in terms of phenotypical expressions, some of which may surprise you.

There was one that was well worth the price of the pack all on its own. She started out as the runt, I had germinated her a day after all the others and she had a slow start in veg but by day 1 of 12/12 she was bigger than every other plant. It had a sharp grapefruit smell with a hashy bottom to the aroma. Very tasty. Great buzz, all body but not narcotic, more euphoric/relaxing. Yielded well, looked fantastic and delivered the goods. If I didn't think the line was so hit or miss, I'd buy more to find another like her.

Thank you! That's helps a lot. I was wondering if it was only going to through a couple of phenos, but you answered that question. I wonder if the seed came from a mixed field or bordering fields with different stock. Looks like I have my work cut out for me on the pheno hunt, either way. I kind of like that, though. Were most short and squat?

Top Bottom