DNA Pure Afghan

• Thread starter MendoCruz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
phenotyper

phenotyper

Sorry Mendo, I don't have any experience because none of mine lived. I like to think this is not my fault as I usually have an extremely high germination percentage.

MendoCruz

MendoCruz

Got a present in the box today. I'll have them soaking after this post.

13- Pure Afghan (DNA Genetics)
3- Cheese (Fem) Kannabia Seed Bank

Photo
MendoCruz

MendoCruz

I Started five of the PA and all three Cheese last week. All are above ground and look to be healthy.

general_sketch

general_sketch

Were most short and squat?

No, only one was. It looked very similar to Deep Chunk, had broad leaves that my girlfriend kept saying looked fake, they were so thick and shiny, almost wax-like. That plant sucked to smoke, buds were just bland tasting, yield was terrible and it grew sooooo sllloooooow.

Another was, I kid you not, a dead ringer for a Thai-dominant Haze plant. Right down to the nanners it spit out late in bloom. It had that leathery, musky basement smell like some hazes and it was real sat-dom in appearance and growth structure. Such a trip to see in a pack of 'pure afghan'.

The last two were somewhat similar but one, the one I mentioned in my previous post, was head & shoulders above them all. The other was good, stacked well and very frosty. Yielded average but the smoke was solid, real chill body buzz. They all shared that in common, all were body highs.

Good luck w/them, Mendo.

F

FruitOfTheLabor

gotta remember guys.. if u read the pack it says something about being the only strain that was bred out of there area.. so maybe they had multiple males .. and females the seeds came out of .. who knows.. but i dont know man.. i have 26 of these beans and i can almost guarentee ill find a couple winner phenos in these packs.. i hope its good. i got 2 freepacks.. cause i ordered dnas kandy kush x skunk and og 18 x skunk. so hoping to get some bomb shit out of these.. and my plan too was to use a male for breeding.. or maybe a female if i find an amazing one.

MendoCruz

MendoCruz

gotta remember guys.. if u read the pack it says something about being the only strain that was bred out of there area.. so maybe they had multiple males .. and females the seeds came out of .. who knows.. but i dont know man.. i have 26 of these beans and i can almost guarentee ill find a couple winner phenos in these packs.. i hope its good. i got 2 freepacks.. cause i ordered dnas kandy kush x skunk and og 18 x skunk. so hoping to get some bomb shit out of these.. and my plan too was to use a male for breeding.. or maybe a female if i find an amazing one.

Have you started any yet? Are there any pics up?

F

FruitOfTheLabor

no picks up yet.. there starting to get decent sized and then i took clones and now im waiting for them to root before i toss them into flower to see what it turns out to be... if its garbage i toss the clones in the trash...

ive gone threw like 60 strains so far.. and 30 have been ehhhh and the other 30 beeen wayyyy nicer.

F

FruitOfTheLabor

i actually have 3 dna pure afghans going right now.. 1 looks to be male.. very fat indica leaves.. fat stem smells very good for a male.... and 2 females.. 1 of which is a mutant .. about 16 inchs up the plant.. it decided to split the stalk in half and top itself... the stem also kinda looks a little flatter then normal... and the 3rd one looks great..

i just hope this male is as amazing as it seems.. kuz i will be using him to hit about 30 strains.

F

FruitOfTheLabor

anyone have anymore info on the pure afghans... found out i got 1 female and 2 males out the 3 i fermed..

would it be smart to use both males to open pollinate a room full of diff strains?

F

FruitOfTheLabor

mendo.. have u germed these .? how are they going.. i have 2 females in flower now.. #3 N #6 were female.. and number 5 4 2 and 1 were males.. i went threw and picked the best males on appearence smell.. structure .... and thne flowered them both keeping clones.. to see which stunk more.. and which produced more of a female looking top.. now we got #5 hitting many females.. and shit i collected some pollen to so far everything looking food will be taking pictures today in 12 hours wen the lights come on.

G

GrowOutLoud

Hi folks. I know this threads not very fresh but in case anyone is reading this I have done some work with the DNA pure Afgan strain. As others have noted there was noticeable biological diversity between one seed and another.

Out of the original 13 seeds only six survived. Two were males and four were females. I had some difficulty during vegetative state as the dispensary that sold them to me told me that they were autoflowering. I assumed that was correct but when things went well beyond the flowering time I was anticipating I enquired and found out this is not an autoflowering strain.

From there I immediately went to 12/12 and budding accelerated immediately. Had some issues with red stalks on a couple plants, did some more digging and corrected the deficiency, affected stalks went back to green in less than 5 days and no further issues.

I bred the best female with the best male and got lots of nice seeds with good color and markings. The germination rate from the first 30 seeds was 100 percent. All seeds germinated within 48 hours of getting wet but most had germinated within 12 hours and all but three were well germinated within 24 hours.

From what I can tell either storage, transportation, or other issues (maybe age) made the seeds from DNA Genetics have a poor germination rate.

I used a bit of oregano oil for flavor in one of the plants. I'm not sure that was an improvement but it affected the bouquet of the plants. It seemed to add a lemon note which I'm not sure was worth the trouble. I could not see the plants through to harvest but directed the remaining tasks remotely by phone and skype for visual cues.

I used only organic nutrients throughout the cycle and I can say that vaping the buds or vaping the oil from them is remarkable. This has been one of the cleanest effects I've experienced. At first I found it a little odd to be so physically high while maintaining mental clarity and short term memory.

But there are other factors that affect the herb's effect; such as how it is cured, how long since it was harvested, how it has been dried and stored, the humidity it stabilized at, and was stored at after drying/curing, and a range of other factors that shape the personality of the plants effect when consumed.

But in general this is a hardy fast growing early finishing plant. I think for most people it is likely to be experienced as a body high with some euphoric expansiveness that is kinda like bouncy and joyful in how it feels. Two of the plants had really thick waxy leaves that were rather wide but the other two did not have that kind of leaf that was thick and waxy but were dry and soft to the touch.

zeke

zeke

I got a cut of DNA pure afghan despite all of the negative reports I had read. I figured that the clone shop wouldn't have some bullshit cut of a strain. All they do is sell clones so their game is probably tight. Wrong. The only plant left in the room I just harvested is that PA. It's tiny purple flowers hardly have a scent. If it had any resin I might salvage it by making oil. More than likely ill just toss it on the loser pile. After trying that cut I don't think I'll be purchasing the seed.

DNA's Kandy Kush and Lemon Skunk are keepers. At least the seed I got in 2010 for those strains were. The kandy kush is a little different now. 2010 seed had train wreck and og phenos. A pack my neighbor got last year didn't have any train wreck phenos. Obviously they selected for the og pheno and the strains parentals have changed. The two packs of lemon skunk from 2010 were almost like clones. Selection was tough as they were all very uniform and nice. My neighbor just ran a lemon skunk cut of unknown provenance and it was not lemony or at all like mine. Maybe it was a greenhouse lemon skunk? I hope it was and DNAs is still the same.

G

GrowOutLoud

[quote="zeke, post: 1172818, member: 15262"I got a cut of DNA pure afghan despite all of the negative reports I had read. I figured that the clone shop wouldn't have some bullshit cut of a strain. All they do is sell clones so their game is probably tight. Wrong. The only plant left in the room I just harvested is that PA. It's tiny purple flowers hardly have a scent. If it had any resin I might salvage it by making oil. More than likely ill just toss it on the loser pile. After trying that cut I don't think I'll be purchasing the seed.
I wouldn't purchase any of that seed either. Surprised you report purple flowers. I didn't see anything purple on any of mine. Closest I got to that were red stalks signaling a nute deficit I had to correct.

Posting some photos of the plants from the original seeds from DNA genetics. Apologies for being too lazy to white balance out the yellow HPS glare. Bottom photo plant is outside the grow area and shows more accurate color where camera was properly white balanced.

Early flowering
DSC00842

Frostier and a little denser
DSC00880

Taking shape
Cola

Sticky smelly indoor buds. This is a truer color away from the HPS lighting.
531 004

DSC00842
DSC00880
DSC00896
DSC00911
G

GrowOutLoud

grew out 2 packs of pure afghan.. around the time dna released them.. and I popped 15 found an amazing male.. that was crystally and smelled in veg.. also was nice and short and fast growing.. and found 2 females.. 1 that was an 8 weeker.. that fucking was amazing.. had this kinda fruity kushy really really HASHY taste.. and crystally as fuck.. I used 1 of the males to make some crosses.. and found some serious shit in them crosses..
Thanks for posting to this thread. I was surprised that everyone else posting here did not report good results. From your experience what cross worked best with the Afgans? That'll be my next project. Finding a good strain to cross these with.

I bred the best male and the best female from the original seeds from DNA and got a strong batch of seeds. I germinated 28 seeds and grew them into seedlings. 100 percent germination rate. I ditched the three weakest before sexing the remaining 25 after three weeks in veg. ONLY ONE OF THEM was male. In five weeks from seed I had 24 very healthy girls just growing their stems off. I kept 12 of them and the nearest collective got the others.

The plants I kept were extremely vigorous and so frosty it makes more sense to describe them as "crusty". Hashy taste and nice clean high as I mentioned previously. I also found them easy to grow but after two generations I did notice that they seem to respond better with light pruning or no pruning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom