• Thread starter I_Love_THC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

L.A. Confidential or Northern Lights Blue

• Total voters
I_Love_THC

I_Love_THC

Hello, friends and Farmers! :)
I am having troubles selecting which strain to grow first, since I can only 3 strains at a time and try to select one that helps my prana yama /spacey/confusing/, one that brings out laughter when I feel depressed and one that helps me with anxiety/paranoia...
I thought that Barney's L.S.D. would be a nice choice for the trippy part, sth from Sweet Seeds /Ice Cool or Flash Back #2/ that should help with its Sativa genetics, and a nice Indica to help me relax and meditate.
My two choices were L.A. Con and Northern Lights Blue - so, have you tried either of these strains? I saw a smoke report on L.A. Con, but it said less body than head, which appeared not to be true, but whatever - I know that effects can vary, hehe...
So, I kindly ask for your help - L.A. Confidential or Northern Lights Blue?
Let the voting begin, hehe.
Lots of Love to all of you, fellas that are reading an willing to help!
Peace and Blessings from the THC Lover.

I_Love_THC

I_Love_THC

52 views, no replies... that's a shame, hehe.
C'mon, people, why so passive, damn it?
Blessings.

yts farmer

yts farmer

go for the la confidential.

growing recon from dna myself and have to say its a top smoke and la is ment to be even better.peace

H

HerbGenius

LA Confidential is the shit if you find the right pheno. It's a low yielder but the smoke is some of the best tasting herb I've ever smoke. It' reminds me of Bubba but has more of a sharp earthy musky skunky taste and smell it reminds me of wild truffles. I did grow out 3 packs to find my keeper but it was worth it.

justsomeguy

justsomeguy

never tried the northern lights blue but LA con is definately one of my favorites. got one at seven weeks right now and the quality is insane. seems like it's going to be a fast finisher too. it's supposed to have OG genetics but they're barely noticable in even the best phenos. the la con cuts most common in so cal today seem almost identical to pre 98 bubba. it's ironic living in california with access to insane cuts and growing a dutch seed co. strain based on cali genetics. proves that if you get the right pheno you will grow some legit cali kush. the high is just super relaxation on a whole other level.

H

HerbGenius

It's not an OG hybrid it's an old school affie bx. They took a bunch of shit from people when they said it was OG so they changed the description i just think they were trying to say the mother plant was the original kush hence the old school affie. It does seem to be a good representation of where most of the kush's got there start though. It's more similar to Afghan Kush, Oregon Affie, and Pure kush if you get the right pheno. I wouldn't be suprised if the mother they use is the mother of Bubba. A lot of pheno's are generic affie like plants but they are still decent.

This is a bottom bud at about 6 weeks. The LA doesn't really stink at all during flower (unless you squeeze her) but once she's dry you can smell her from a mile away. I love this girl. These pheno's are leafy but I don't care the taste and smell are overpowering and it's very potent, at least mine is.

LA
I_Love_THC

I_Love_THC

Hi, friends! :)
Sorry for taking so long to write here - I smoked the LA Con and didn't really find it suitable for me - the taste was fine, though... but the effect is just not what I was really looking for...
I truely is plenty potent - just a little bit too much for me to smoke a whole joint - kinda put me to sleep after the 5th ot 6th puff... A nice daytime smoke if not smoking too much of it /at least for me/, but there are much better strains for that, and a bit too heavy for a nice joint at the end of the day /again - at least for me/...
But still, gonna grow it at some point - it really is something special...
Thank you all for your answers and the picture - look amazing! Flicked with resign and really dense - just how pappa likes it, hehe...
I was expecting some votes on the NL Blue, too - read so much cool stuff on it, couldn't get to find it and try it, though... In an year or so, I hope I'll get to grow 'em both - with a little bit of more experiance and a better box, that is, hehe...
Lots of Love, friends!
Peace and Blessings on all of you - don't forget that there is always more to everything, than what meets the eye... :)

I

ibTheMan

the LA con is dank also, BUT ive run the NLB and its real good, my keeper was out of 2 beans and it grow rock hard fuely tasten nugs with a berry taste on exhale. the other was good too.

Most people r voten know'n nothing about NLB and have never grew it so dont do it just cause of that, ive smoked both and really like um both.

NLB same pic different light, 55 days tops, grows super bushy, and barely stretchs at all in budn, big yields of great smelln bud.

i have 3 NLB @ 23 days go'n right now and they look and smell so great.

Nlb 00101
Nlb 00111
ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
That purple looks sick and delicious seeds critical sensi star is sick big yields of dank

northernLB

northernLB

Hello, friends and Farmers! :)
I am having troubles selecting which strain to grow first, since I can only 3 strains at a time and try to select one that helps my prana yama /spacey/confusing/, one that brings out laughter when I feel depressed and one that helps me with anxiety/paranoia...
I thought that Barney's L.S.D. would be a nice choice for the trippy part, sth from Sweet Seeds /Ice Cool or Flash Back #2/ that should help with its Sativa genetics, and a nice Indica to help me relax and meditate.
My two choices were L.A. Con and Northern Lights Blue - so, have you tried either of these strains? I saw a smoke report on L.A. Con, but it said less body than head, which appeared not to be true, but whatever - I know that effects can vary, hehe...
So, I kindly ask for your help - L.A. Confidential or Northern Lights Blue?
Let the voting begin, hehe.
Lots of Love to all of you, fellas that are reading an willing to help!
Peace and Blessings from the THC Lover.
Hey man I understand you and If you like I can give you some seeds for NLB,I am actually growing right now and all ready the tiny stalk has so much resin it's not funny,contact me if you want to make a deal

P.S it wont be cheap :P

dre8791

dre8791

It's not an OG hybrid it's an old school affie bx. They took a bunch of shit from people when they said it was OG so they changed the description i just think they were trying to say the mother plant was the original kush hence the old school affie. It does seem to be a good representation of where most of the kush's got there start though. It's more similar to Afghan Kush, Oregon Affie, and Pure kush if you get the right pheno. I wouldn't be suprised if the mother they use is the mother of Bubba. A lot of pheno's are generic affie like plants but they are still decent.

This is a bottom bud at about 6 weeks. The LA doesn't really stink at all during flower (unless you squeeze her) but once she's dry you can smell her from a mile away. I love this girl. These pheno's are leafy but I don't care the taste and smell are overpowering and it's very potent, at least mine is.
Nice looking bud!

plantevil

plantevil

havent grown the la con but i have grown the NLB . its a very good yielding indica big nugs everywhere great for scrog. very stable ive grown almost ten of these from seed and all of them were identical in every aspect. sweet smelling and also smells strong of a cat piss like smell, at least when grown in soil. the kids around here actually started calling it cat piss. very frosty too. my friend said he liked it better than the super lemon haze i grew a few years back which was dank as hell. big props to delicious seeds i dont know why alot of people hate on the european breeders.

Afghi420

Afghi420

I need to select a strain here soon to get started for my indoor winter grow... After just having some bad luck with a 4 different auto strains im ready to select a killer strain, i want to find something as close to my old afghi strain as possible. The LA Con i have been eyeing, and it is quite intersting that they say it is an old school affie. About 15 years ago here on the east coast of Canada there was a strain known just as 'affie', i grew it myself for a couple years. It was a faorly short plant, low yielder, only about an ounce a plant if that.. The smell was the strongest smelling stuff i have ever smelled, equal to the old school (roadkill) skunk varieties of the past.. A rolled joint stuck away in a drawer (in a bag) would smell most of your house up. The smel is a little hard to explain, very unique. Sort of like a skunk smell but just different.. The buds didn't really have any crystal on them yet they seemed to have gooey resin inside the buds.. The buds almost dripped of resin on the plant. They were also rather shitty looking buds, very leafy. The high, now that was the best part... It was a total couchlock that lasted a good 4 hours or more, and for the first couple hours you could barely lift yourself off the couch.. Now im trying to find this strain or something as close to it as possible.. I have smoked all kinds of well known strains and i haven't found anything in the past 15 years or so that really comes close to the afghi high. Nowadays in my city there seems to be a few different afghi crosses floating around, some kind of have the smell, some have an ok couchlock, but none come close to the old afghi i had. Even my father who has been smoking for about 45 years or so agrees the afghi is the best he has smoked.. I have decided to stop focusing so much on the exact smell and worry more about the high, as thats the most important aspect for me, but any help in finding a strain that basically floors you with a small joint is what im after, a skunky smell would be second most important factor, i dont care about yield...

C

CobbCreekBob

Delicious Seeds NLB is very good. IMHO, its better than the LA, the LA just doesnt' have any legs, I really like the taste, but if thats your cup of tea, why not just do some Bubba?. Delicious has a few decent strains, again, IMHO

spacebomb

spacebomb

I can gift you some fem. N. L. B, a if you want? .and it WON'T COST YOU A LOT LIKE THE OTHER PERSON SAID. MAYBEE YOU GIFT ME A COUPLE OF HOURS? WHY NOT. THE NLB IS SPOIL YA TASTE BUDS NICE LIKE. :-). ITS PRETTY DARN STRONG TOOO. LOL .
:-).

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

delicious fruity chronic juice and marmalate are awesome strains to..i have grew NLB as well its a great smoke..i have FCJ going again this year..its a nice yeilder(outdoor grower) great high and flavor..i like dinafem,delicious and sweet seeds..spanish breeders are pretty good imo..

F

Freakshow

not meaning to necropost but I run both of these strains (LA Con and NLB). They are both top shelf strains that yield very nicely. I lean towards the LA because it's more medicinal for me. It demonstrates anti-inflammatory properties and pain relief very nicely. The NLB is extraordinarily tasty thought

Top Bottom