Do any of you know of any bad effects from adding molasses?

• Thread starter the123321
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
the123321

the123321

I have 2 auto plants in 50 50 coco perlite that I am using the biotabs line with silicium flash instead of orgatrex. I have read different opinions on different websites. I was thinking of adding like 1 tbs per gallon of water like 1 time per week every week from week 1 to the end of the plant flowering on there. The nutrients are mixed into the coco. I only water with ph tap water on there.

Do you think that is a good idea for the plants? I have read that molasses helps the microbes. Would there be any bad effects from adding molasses to plants? The plants would likely be on autopots but I would likely turn off the autopots 1 time per week to do the hand watering of the molasses water to it then turn the autopots back on. Would you give it the molasses more than 1 time per week? Would you not do it from week 1 or what weeks would you do it? The plants are 2 auto plants that likely harvest on week 10-12 from what I have read on there.

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

I wouldn't see any point in coco. Molasses would only be useful in a living soil. With hydroponics the fertilizers are made to be instantly available at root, so no real microbial colonies as it should be sterile in a way. Adding molasses will probably only get you a bunch of pest you've never seen in your grow. Auto flowers really don't need much and shouldn't be treated as a photoperiod. Autos are simply a genetic tool to help flower in veg rooms and stealth grows. There are plenty of hydroponic additives available that work great with coco, just not molasses.

the123321

the123321

Thanks. I use organic dry amendments with beneficial microbes in coco. Would there be any bad effects to use molasses on there?

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

Oh then absolutely go ahead. when someone say coco perlite I assume hydro. You should be golden. Unsulfered is best, organic is ideal.

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

I would also add some microbes to the mix, help process the carbs.

Top Bottom