Do auto-flowers grow faster than feminized and regulars?

• Thread starter KTG808
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KTG808

Hello from Hawaii, 🤙🏽 I’m an amateur grower wanting to make my own crosses, and this seems like a cool place to get knowledge! I’m currently growing seedlings of American Kush autos alongside Rainbow Chip F2 regulars outdoors, all germinated the same time. Planning to make my own cross using those males to pollinate the American kush, but not sure if the autos will mature faster than the RC males? First time growing autos, but I already put them in big pots cuz I heard it’s bad to transplant autos, while keeping the Rainbow Chips in small pots until I see which is male and female…

Also wondering if there’s a specific state to pollinate autos, or if I can just pollinate them like I would any regular or feminized plant (when the buds are thick and hairy but still small and not fully developed?) Hope I make sense… I’m mostly crossing for the similar thc levels in both strains, and planning to use their seeds to make a 3-way cross with another high thc feminized strain in the future, so I don’t care if the seeds come out auto... Just making my own concoctions.

R

RGWD0202

Yes, the autos are designed to flower and finish sooner. Usually 60-70 days from germination, there is no slowing it down either. However some autos take longer it just depends on genetics.

The problem with trying to cross a photo with an auto is you will end up adding ruderalis to the end variety. Most autos I believe contain 30% ruderalis so it finishes sooner thus causing the “auto” effect. You’ll likely end up with some very unstable genetics with those two crosses. However, nothing wrong with experimenting and seeing what happens, maybe you’ll come up with some killer phenotype out of the seeds you end up with. But I think you would be better off to breed two of the same types either 2 autos or 2 photos. Just my take…

K

KTG808

Yes, the autos are designed to flower and finish sooner. Usually 60-70 days from germination, there is no slowing it down either. However some autos take longer it just depends on genetics.

The problem with trying to cross a photo with an auto is you will end up adding ruderalis to the end variety. Most autos I believe contain 30% ruderalis so it finishes sooner thus causing the “auto” effect. You’ll likely end up with some very unstable genetics with those two crosses. However, nothing wrong with experimenting and seeing what happens, maybe you’ll come up with some killer phenotype out of the seeds you end up with. But I think you would be better off to breed two of the same types either 2 autos or 2 photos. Just my take…
Oh wow, that’s a lot more to it than I expected… luckily I have the other feminized strain growing next to the them, so now I’m probably gonna cross that with Rainbow Chip first, if the autos do mature faster… Wondered if there was any risks when crossing autos with regulars so I’m glad I checked. Now I know to stick with feminized seeds when looking... But yeah, I’m probably still gonna cross the 3 to see what happens cuz that’s what I picked them for, lol. Least I know what to expect now from your reply, so thanks. :)

R

RGWD0202

Oh wow, that’s a lot more to it than I expected… luckily I have the other feminized strain growing next to the them, so now I’m probably gonna cross that with Rainbow Chip first, if the autos do mature faster… Wondered if there was any risks when crossing autos with regulars so I’m glad I checked. Now I know to stick with feminized seeds when looking... But yeah, I’m probably still gonna cross the 3 to see what happens cuz that’s what I picked them for, lol. Least I know what to expect now from your reply, so thanks. :)
May as well give it a go and see what happens. Please keep me posted!

Top Bottom