Do Autoflowers Require A Dark Period

• Thread starter MrBlue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrBlue

MrBlue

This is my first grow. I've been vegging them under a 100w T5HO for 4 weeks now, for a period of 24h. There all showing pre flowers so does this mean I should cut the light schedule down to 12/12 or 18/6? The seed bank states they dont need reduced light or light swap? If they are showing pre flowers could I still force them to flower in the next 2 weeks? There's a MAJOR drought where I am so the sooner the better!!!

Do autoflowers require a dark period
3N1GM4

3N1GM4

The "auto" part of the plant comes from genes inbread into the strain from a cannabis ruderalis strain.
Ruderalis comes from parts of the world that are north of the arctic circle like parts of alska, canada and russia. The cannabis plants in that region have to grow very quickly because of short summers and flower under lighting conditions of 20 hours or more with very little dark.
I have heard of plants in alaska stretching 6 inches in the four hour dark period.
Leaving them under 24 hours of light will not hurt them and they will flower fine as long as they get enough intense light, but I think all plants store energy while they are getting intense light and then use that stored up energy to fatten up and stretch out at night, just my opinion.

Top Bottom