Do beneficials microbes survive in hydroton pellets ?

• Thread starter dieseldawg2480
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

beneficials able to survive in hydroton pellets as a medium along with a synthetic fertilizer?

• no they need a different medium to survive in.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
dieseldawg2480

dieseldawg2480

Im growing hydroponicaly in a ebb n flo system. My medium is hydroton pellets. Are the beneficials able to surivive in that type of medium alone? I use Tarantula, Voodoo and Piranha as microbes. Im using Sugar Daddy and Flroanectar as food for the microbes to feed on. My flower nutrients are GH three part system along with Cal/mg, kool bloom, floralicious. liquid karma and super thrive. Since im using a non organic fert are the salts in the fert killing my microbes?

Blaze

Blaze

Only way to tell for sure would be to check it out under a microscope. I't an interesting question though, I'd be willing to bet you would find something alive in there...

sedate

sedate

dieseldog2480 said:
Im growing hydroponicaly in a ebb n flo system. My medium is hydroton pellets. Are the beneficials able to surivive in that type of medium alone? I use Tarantula, Voodoo and Piranha as microbes. Im using Sugar Daddy and Flroanectar as food for the microbes to feed on. My flower nutrients are GH three part system along with Cal/mg, kool bloom, floralicious. liquid karma and super thrive. Since im using a non organic fert are the salts in the fert killing my microbes?

1) Any medium that provides for a healthy root zone will also provide a nice environment for beneficials. Hydroton should do nicely as airy as it is.

2) You could feed them molasses if you wanted to save some money (emusify a ml or two in hot water before you add it to your mix) - or check out http://www.phytotechlab.com/ if you want to try isolated sugars. Anyway - both of those sugar products are pretty absurdly overpriced. Just a thought.

3) No the salts are not killing your microbes - do take care to maintain a good pH and ppm/EC range.

Top Bottom