Do Bloom Enhancers really have Stress agent???

• Thread starter PuFFnNugg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PuFFnNugg

I've hear ppl say all the time Kool Bloom Powder or Big Bud have stressing agents. I believe the high P-K values are the stress agents, and this is basically a myth.
I will need to put a lot of Big Bud and some Kool Bloom into my mix early to get desired rates. When I started growing if someone told me to do this I would've thought they were crazy, but the numbers add up.
Wanna make sure I'm right about the stress deal. I don't need 2 wk old flower covered in sap. I know there are aminos but this should just help absorption, right? Please someone tell me before I put 1gr Big Bud n .3 gram Kool B a gallon first week flower.

squarepusher

squarepusher

i heard Kool Bloom does, and can cause hermies.

I'm not sure but it may be a separate ingrediant, not sure what other bloom enhancers do.

P

PuFFnNugg

The ingredients are as follows:

-ammonium phosphate
-ammonium sulphate
-magnesium sulfate
-potassium phosphate
-potssium sulfate

Anyone know if ammonia is a stressing agent?

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

Yes some do. For example Bud Factor-X causes systemic acquired resistance (SAR)

P

PuFFnNugg

-Is that a new or old Big Bud? I thought it was 0-1-3? Thats AN for ya!

-Good Info thank you Cheech

Oh about the hermie Kool Bloom deal, I've used dry KB a lot, just always at the peak of flower. I have seen it cause a lot of male flowers on plants that were hermie's to begin with. But never had a problem with it causing male flowers on good strains. Those hermie's were regets from cross breading.

J

Jalisco Kid

I think the stress would come from the 0-50-30 that blood bud would induce before you use big bud. That takes a little girl and throws her into a full hormonal rage. JK

You might be right about the label. I gave up on keeping track with AN a long time back. They make product only for 1 plant and I could not keep all their formulas in my brain. Made me feel inadequate.

P

PuFFnNugg

Yeah I always figured that the extreme ratios where the trigger too. I found somewhere on a AN page that Big Bud can be used at any growth stage, so if Cheech is right, they don't put any in Big Bud. Or at least they didn't when that was posted...

What do you uses to obtain your P-K ratios JK? I saw on the DIY ferts that you where running like a 120-60-280 start of flower. I've found at least with store bought that these high P-K ratios are the hardest thing to achieve.

O

OldSchool

Low level stressing to enhance THC levels last wks of flowering

I have read alot about control stressing, will up the potency. Some say poke ur plant with a sharp pin,(like a bug attack-SAR) Lighting manipulations ( I use), cold water I believe approx 50 degr(I use) last 7-10 days, cool climate, bending begining flwr and ending flwr cycle ( I use), high levels of phos, etc
Wondering if anybody is using the technic and having any sucess stories ?

Peace

squarepusher

squarepusher

i personally wouldn't mess with it, happy plants are healthy plants imo, no need to hurt them for an extra inch

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

i personally wouldn't mess with it, happy plants are healthy plants imo, no need to hurt them for an extra inch

I agree whole-heartedly, SP. The extreme ratios of the NPK boosters are enough to stress the plants. Like Jalisco Kid said, it puts a little girl into a full hormonal rage...lmao!
I'm sure there are some additives out there that do add serious stress; I suspect Humboldt's Own (Gravity, Bushmaster, Purple Maxx, Snowstorm) may be guilty of adding stress, and that's kinda how they work.

I usually avoid extremes when it comes to nutrients.

O

OldSchool

Good Advice

Thanks SP & AF, that is certainly great advice. I've been starting to stear away from using of Gravity(Emerald Trangle-Owners), since U mentioned it here, just give me that much more cause to not using it anymore. Its still half full, had it for almost 5yrs,2nd 80z bottle,with this one, not using as apart of a reg regiment as much. Ashes look different too, & taste is different, not bad, just different. I still have to decide on "Snow Strom Ultra (same owners) That also gets used periodically, havent decided wether its benefitting for my strain yet, since gravity and SSU effects strains differently, thats been my expierence with them. I will keep using the "Ice" method makes them oilly really sticky, & stronger smell (over night) maybe my strain. I've used ice in my garden,to bring my tomato's brings out color, sweaten the taste, same with other veggie's

Peace

J

Jalisco Kid

Yeah I always figured that the extreme ratios where the trigger too. I found somewhere on a AN page that Big Bud can be used at any growth stage, so if Cheech is right, they don't put any in Big Bud. Or at least they didn't when that was posted...

What do you uses to obtain your P-K ratios JK? I saw on the DIY ferts that you where running like a 120-60-280 start of flower. I've found at least with store bought that these high P-K ratios are the hardest thing to achieve.

I mix my own salts so it is rather easy. If there is a bloom booster you like copy the salts in it. Just do not use too much K nitrate early in flower. JK

O

OldSchool

"Flower Dragon" Flower booster $125.00 per QT

This is very interesting reading, this show's all the HIPE out there, its out of control. This sounded like its great stuff, until I READ THIS,(integralhydro.com/flowerdragon)

I hope its okay to place this site here, this doesn't have anything to do with stressing, but I thought I try to save some one 125.00 dallors

Peace

J

Jalisco Kid

This is very interesting reading, this show's all the HIPE out there, its out of control. This sounded like its great stuff, until I READ THIS,(integralhydro.com/flowerdragon)

I hope its okay to place this site here, this doesn't have anything to do with stressing, but I thought I try to save some one 125.00 dallors

Peace

Tell me what you gleaned from that guy's rambling. The guy says the company did not state whats in the bottle. He then says I think it could be this and without any facts he wastes 5 more min of your time with dribble. No facts at all from him.
I could see fat Mike behind this.
Out of all that BS, the thing to look into is how they are working the citric acid. Suerte JK

P

PuFFnNugg

I think those products mentioned above a least some like bushmaster actually have Growth Regulators in them. Have seen cool site explaining how to make your own. Sounds like systemic toxins to me, but to each his own.

I agree about the high NPK values, I have been told this about stressing agents many times even on the phone with GH about KB, but doubt its true. Pretty sure ridiculous P values in KB cause stress. I also have come to believe more and more that real weight comes from flower ability to swell at end of cycle. A lot of these products if used too heavily seem to diminish the plants ability to do this.

Melvan

Melvan

I've hear ppl say all the time Kool Bloom Powder or Big Bud have stressing agents. I believe the high P-K values are the stress agents, and this is basically a myth.
I will need to put a lot of Big Bud and some Kool Bloom into my mix early to get desired rates. When I started growing if someone told me to do this I would've thought they were crazy, but the numbers add up.
Wanna make sure I'm right about the stress deal. I don't need 2 wk old flower covered in sap. I know there are aminos but this should just help absorption, right? Please someone tell me before I put 1gr Big Bud n .3 gram Kool B a gallon first week flower.

You may desire a certain rate, but in the end, the plant has a minimum & maximum of nutes it needs. Adding more at a certain time is not going to change its needs or give it a "boost" any different than feeding your kids extra vitamins will make them grow faster or stronger. Biologically, once the nutritional needs of the plant are met, anything you do beyond that is just going to cause excess in one nutrient, while causing lockout of others due to throwing off the balance.

A 15-30-15 is what you need in veg (1 Tbl per gallon of water)
A 2-8-4 with a 5-45-19 is what you need first 3 weeks of flower (1tsp & 1/4 tsp respectively)
2-8-4 with a 0-50-30 for mid flower (1 tsp & 1/4 tsp per gallon)
2-8-4 with a 9-50-10 will do for final weeks of flower to harvest. (1 tsp & 1/4 tsp)

Using Tiger Bloom with the Fox Farm Trio during flower under a 400hps allows me to pull 3 ounces off plants that under a 400 should, by all rights, only be giving me about 2.

If you want to increase bud sites in the early stages of flowering, you want a supplement those first 3 weeks that contains sulfur as a trace element, like Fox Farms Open Sesame. Sulfur works with plant proteins in promoting photosynthesis, that energy goes into creating the bud sites, the more energy available to create the sites, the more sites there will be.

Good luck, hope you get the results you're looking for.

squarepusher

squarepusher

You may desire a certain rate, but in the end, the plant has a minimum & maximum of nutes it needs. Adding more at a certain time is not going to change its needs or give it a "boost" any different than feeding your kids extra vitamins will make them grow faster or stronger. Biologically, once the nutritional needs of the plant are met, anything you do beyond that is just going to cause excess in one nutrient, while causing lockout of others due to throwing off the balance.

A 15-30-15 is what you need in veg (1 Tbl per gallon of water)
A 2-8-4 with a 5-45-19 is what you need first 3 weeks of flower (1tsp & 1/4 tsp respectively)
2-8-4 with a 0-50-30 for mid flower (1 tsp & 1/4 tsp per gallon)
2-8-4 with a 9-50-10 will do for final weeks of flower to harvest. (1 tsp & 1/4 tsp)

Using Tiger Bloom with the Fox Farm Trio during flower under a 400hps allows me to pull 3 ounces off plants that under a 400 should, by all rights, only be giving me about 2.

If you want to increase bud sites in the early stages of flowering, you want a supplement those first 3 weeks that contains sulfur as a trace element, like Fox Farms Open Sesame. Sulfur works with plant proteins in promoting photosynthesis, that energy goes into creating the bud sites, the more energy available to create the sites, the more sites there will be.

Good luck, hope you get the results you're looking for.
thanks for your post and input, however I believe your suggestions are not very accurate. No MJ/Cannabis/Hemp formula I've seen uses that high amount of Phosphorous that you specify.

Also, I believe its Potassium that may be able to increase node sites at the beginning of flowering, and not Sulfur.

I may be wrong but thats from the knowledge that I have.

Melvan

Melvan

Miracle Grow Bustin Bloomz 15-30-15 (Only veg food I use)
Tiger Bloom 2-8-4
FF Open Sesame 5-45-19
FF Beastie Bloomz 0-50-30
FF Cha Ching 9-50-10

Results of this feed schedule is in my grow diary in my sig

J

Jalisco Kid

Using a 0-50-30 is going to seriously knock down the bennies if used. It is usually made with k nitrate which if used more then the 1st week and last 2 of feeding in flower will leaf up your buds. If used like bud blood(first week) and overdrive last 2 weeks it does help out most strains I play with. JK
Melvan I think your p:k is off, you might have an unusual strain that likes that formulation. Going over 60 ppm of P is not going to be helping any strains I have played with.

Top Bottom