• Tagged users None

Do cannabis leaves ALWAYS fade during senescence

• Yes

• No

• Sometimes

Results are only viewable after voting.
BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I don't know how to answer. The logic of categorical statements is daunting. That is, when I see a word like "always" I shudder with uncertainty. Is there anything that is "always" true? Perhaps there's an alternate universe in which cannabis lives forever. It's time to smoke one, I think.

2Bad

2Bad

I'm about to harvest so I was curious. My leaves are fading on one plant perfectly but I see some clear trichs. I can't tell when to harvest it. It's the 2nd time i've ran the clone though so i'm sure i'll figure this out in due time.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Take the above poll for me. I'm unsure why most people don't wait for this to occur before harvesting.
I have 3 plants at 10 weeks in flower tomorrow ( Dec 17) all 3 have different color 2 Gsc are from the same mother under 2 different SE3000 lights, fed at the same time with the same food.....

The plant on my left (Gsc) is green like the day it went into flower the plant on the rights (Gsc) is faded with some red the center plant an AK47/ Blackberry is a faded lime green with no color I can see.....????? I'll try and take a pic of what its like and post it later when I'm upstairs. I've had the lights pulled back to 60% for this last 2 weeks just to let them ripen.

P

PahPahCee

If you feed your plants a lot of nitrogen I would assume you will not experience fading.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I was trying to spark a discussion! lol apparently it doesn't matter . Lol
It's a worthwhile discussion. I suppose it might be helpful to mention other causes of leaf fading, such as light stress or nutrient depletion.

2Bad

2Bad

I have 3 plants at 10 weeks in flower tomorrow ( Dec 17) all 3 have different color 2 Gsc are from the same mother under 2 different SE3000 lights, fed at the same time with the same food.....

The plant on my left (Gsc) is green like the day it went into flower the plant on the rights (Gsc) is faded with some red the center plant an AK47/ Blackberry is a faded lime green with no color I can see.....????? I'll try and take a pic of what its like and post it later when I'm upstairs. I've had the lights pulled back to 60% for this last 2 weeks just to let them ripen.
I cut at like day 70 last time. now i'm at day 92 much more faded and it seems to be barely fattening anymore. I'll chop tomorrow.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I cut at like day 70 last time. now i'm at day 92 much more faded and it seems to be barely fattening anymore. I'll chop tomorrow.
Time and space is effecting my decision to chop, I let everything go 11 on my last harvest and Mikey likes šŸ˜but I'm out of space in veg, something has to give. I haven't even looked at the trichs I'm afraid to, I don't want to see clear if I see it It will give me a head ache If I don't see it I'll be fine.....I don't need any mind triggers going off.šŸ˜†
šŸ¤Æ

IMG 4392
IMG 4393
IMG 4394
IMG 4395
2Bad

2Bad

Time and space is effecting my decision to chop, I let everything go 11 on my last harvest and Mikey likes šŸ˜but I'm out of space in veg, something has to give. I haven't even looked at the trichs I'm afraid to, I don't want to see clear if I see it It will give me a head ache If I don't see it I'll be fine.....I don't need any mind triggers going off.šŸ˜†
šŸ¤Æ
I'm starting to think trichs are like a myth. Because this plant is faded AF.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Senesence in annual plants is usually induced by environmental parameters such as colder soil and night temperature, and a lack of nutrition (colder soil creates this as well). So indoors it mustn't happen though it's a growers preference to stop fertilizing at some point, safe the money on that

Y

yobbocrack

i would assume anything that is cellular will degrade with age after a given time
i reckon true as well i got a lot of mid and lower leaves that are faded and old and fall of before even allowing the plant a chance to senescence.
the dictionary meaning of senescence is "the condition or process of deterioration with age" i guess its inevitable.

TSD

TSD

I think it depends on strain, environment and feeding... in short, no. Mine are usually still pretty green when I chop, but they are usually in some pretty good soil and fed well too. I usually stop food a good two weeks or more before chop and give just water. As you can see in this pic, I'm surrounded by changing leaves. It's been cold, my girls were covered for frost several times, and they're still very green. I think a lot of people stop feeding a little too soon maybe? I think if I left them out to die, they'd probably fade eventually lol.
20221012 152221
20221012 152225

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
For me, hybrids and sativa leaners will fade out in the end. Indicas either stay green or turn purple or a red wine color.
As for when to harvest I look for the plant to do what I call "Fall off the table". It's the point in life where she's just done with everything...not growing anymore or fattening up anymore, not drinking, fading color, buds swallowed up pistils, and trcihs all looking like they're plump and full of milk. If she's not trellised she just wants to fall over and off the table, laying there like a corpse. That's when I do the deed and finish her off

TSD

TSD

For me, hybrids and sativa leaners will fade out in the end. Indicas either stay green or turn purple or a red wine color.
As for when to harvest I look for the plant to do what I call "Fall off the table". It's the point in life where she's just done with everything...not growing anymore or fattening up anymore, not drinking, fading color, buds swallowed up pistils, and trcihs all looking like they're plump and full of milk. If she's not trellised she just wants to fall over and off the table, laying there like a corpse. That's when I do the deed and finish her off
I've had many fall off the table moments in life where I'm just done too lol... šŸ¤£

Latest posts

Top Bottom