• Yes

• No

• Sometimes

Results are only viewable after voting.
N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Waiting for trichs to amber is agonizing and the agony births desires to make plants color up faster, to make them fade faster and to make the trichs amber up faster.
I'd love to learn techniques that speed up the plants EOL without limiting or degrading its oils and resins.
I'm afraid that this is in conflict. Amber trichs are a sign of gradually more THC degraded into CBN and the plant didn't make new resin.

steamroller

steamroller

I don't lower temps.
I may adjust light and lower RH.
I have only seen one plant that did not join the rainbow club before finish.
May be all genetics as I grow only from one breeder.
DSC 0858

W

WyattTerp

I'm afraid that this is in conflict. Amber trichs are a sign of gradually more THC degraded into CBN and the plant didn't make new resin.
Are we certain that THC degrading gradually into CBN is the only way to create amber? I suspect a talented group of chemists, botanists, biologists could make glow in the dark trichs if they wanted to. Like you I see a conflict but it's about natural processes vs artificial processes and elixirs. Already elixirs are changing bud flavors by uptaking concoctions that can't be rejected and by spraying buds with 'natural' terps. We already have elixirs that launch senescence prematurely and synthetic amino acids that manipulate terps, cannabinoids, etc. I'm not saying all these things are bad but some may not be in our best interest. It's exciting to live in this period of creative farming but when developers are motivated by greed and primary objectives include defeating fail safe guidelines it's wise to keep your eyes open and your back against the wall. What will hindsight looks like 20/30 yrs from now?

W

WyattTerp

I don't lower temps.
I may adjust light and lower RH.
I have only seen one plant that did not join the rainbow club before finish.
May be all genetics as I grow only from one breeder.
View attachment 1335459
I just perused your thread for the 1st time and your creativity, technique, humor, grow space adaptations, etc are awesome. I plan to continue to dial in ... it's truly inspirational!

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Are we certain that THC degrading gradually into CBN is the only way to create amber? I suspect a talented group of chemists, botanists, biologists could make glow in the dark trichs if they wanted to.
The other cannabinoids degrade as well, but tHC is the main one for the most strains. They do have a "half-life" of sorts, depending on temperature, but that process can be enhanced by energy input esp. light, or slowed down, by, either cold and lack of oxygen.
I'm refering strictly to natural processes, not what can be artificially be done. As you never know about potentially harmful side-effects of whatever chemical the authorities deem safe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom