Do clones need darkness??

• Thread starter stormannorm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

driftin

Sounds like normal 20/4 or 24/0 to me TBH. Thats what I get when running 24/0. Them finishing a week early thing can be from alot of things however , and not (just) the light schedule. But thats the nice thing about forums like this. The ability for us to share thoughts,ideas and techniques. I am all about learning new things. Ill have to give it a try one day ..Thanks for the post.

I agree there are so many variables from one grow to another, even between my own grows, its all an approximation when we do things like switching to flower and harvesting, although a well thought out one.

but back to your topic ... I think the way i clone and veg is called "the gas lantern routine" ,google it if you would like to know more about it.

i too also like the different views people have , but there are pros and cons to all different ways of growing .. and when you can pick and choose from so many great ideas. i would never say my way is the right way, just the way i do it and it works for me lol .... also saves a little on the hydro costs too lol

happy growin

ttystikk

ttystikk

I think there is a use for some dark period in late vegetative phase, to prepare your ladies for the bloom cycle. I use 6 hours of dark time in the last few weeks before bloom stage, because I top and train my girls a lot and keep them in veg. for a long time. I think this helps them get a faster start on blooming, due to the plants' beginning to build up the hormones that trigger flowering. Most people here flower within a scant couple weeks of rooting their clones, and I have no idea whether it would do any good or not under those conditions.

MrSmilehappy

MrSmilehappy

I believe it varies on the grower pretty much. I've ran 24/0 before, and Ive also done 18/6. I like the photosynthesis period personally because of the type of training and pattern it gives my ladies. I don't believe its necessarily better but however it does work for what I'm doing. There are pros and cons to both but ultimately it justs depends on your strain. Different strains peak and suffer in different conditions.

F

fuzybuds

Hi there ive been thinking ive got clones in peat plugs just now in a 24/0.but dont roots need the dark ti grow strong?? Ive got them in a heated propigator also.so am i rite to have them on the 24/0?? Maybe i should give them 4hrs dark time?? If u have a moment let me know plz thanks

peace out
Well I have red that a rootless clone actually needs 0 light since there's no roots that depend on the photosynthesis there's no need for light .to much light and the plant will cannibalize itself.sounds logical.
Any thoughts?

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
Never had a problem doing clones or seed 24/0 right up to flowering

Zenthanol

Zenthanol

I heard a discussion by Bruce Bugbee (horticultural scientist) reviewing studies that show some rest (ie, 18-6) is beneficial for clones, but I've tried both 18-6 and 24-0 and see roots in both scenarios. . .

Top Bottom