Do Clones Stay Small Is This Normal?

• Thread starter oLd1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oLd1

oLd1

I cut Clones off of White Widow. They did ok and had nice Buds but they never got very big.

First time is this normal?

oLd1

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Not really, but need more info.

Was the mom small?

Only real difference between the clone and the mom grown from seed is the clones will not have a tap root, but otherwise should flourish just like the mom.

oLd1

oLd1

Yes the Mom was small but had a rough life. The Clones were better taken care of.

I’m going to try again and see.

I was told topping is good and I’m thinking of super cropping. Doing this mainly to keep them smaller for my Tent.

oLd1

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I can tell you that White Widow from Greenhouse Seeds can be a monster. I did a UVB test on one and have tons of documentation, but the colas were as long as and larger than my forearm.

This is a long thread but here is an interesting post with pics and vid

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Veg longer.

The clones usually come out similar to the original. It's taken me years to arrive at the conclusion that I should consider more than just sheer potency when keeping a cut.

SativaKid

SativaKid

Not really, but need more info.

Was the mom small?

Only real difference between the clone and the mom grown from seed is the clones will not have a tap root, but otherwise should flourish just like the mom.
And the Tap root makes a difference of say only 20% or less. So the same weed grown from seed and clone and the Seed plant will be bigger.

Latest posts

Top Bottom