Do crickets pose a risk to your crops?

• Thread starter Endthefeds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

Endthefeds

I'm fucking pissed! I was going to transplant a sournightmare kush clone tonight when I got home and discovered its stem had been chewed almost all the way through. I don't get how this happened. I saw a cricket in the tent. Is it possible that that little bastard could have chewed all the way through a stem in like half a day? I'm really disappointed, that was my only clone of the snk I had.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Just google'ing Crickets and marijuana theres quite a few threads from people on random forums bitching about crickets eating there plants.. and a further search suggests they will eat just about anything they come in contact with..

Little bastards have been invading my yard / basement / crawl space this year like never before! and there annoying!

E

Endthefeds

So after posting this thread I read into crickets and the risk, and wow I had no idea! A particular one called the mole cricket is the one that poses the most risk, especially for an outdoor grower. Funny thing is that was the one clone I was trying to baby and protect the most because I had more than one left of the other strains. Oh well shit happens i guess...

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Fuckin katydids been hitting me,they are just crickets but they look like leaves so everybody says ''theyre so cool looking,leave em alone",I bounce them off the block wall now,one or two bites on a fan leaf and it will yellow and die,bastages eat alot.

E

Endthefeds

Fuckin katydids been hitting me,they are just crickets but they look like leaves so everybody says ''theyre so cool looking,leave em alone",I bounce them off the block wall now,one or two bites on a fan leaf and it will yellow and die,bastages eat alot.

I found a damn cucumber beetle taking bites out of my phantom cookie fan leaf,i flipped out! Luckily i dont seem to have a problem w them. Its weird all these bastards are messing w me indoor.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I am sticking this on an old thread..(these things will destroy everything in their path!!)

Mormon Cricket aka DEAD MORMON CRICKET! LOL
(scouts are in Reno..Main cadre is in Central Nevada)..:puke2:
Morman Cricket 2018

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

I am sticking this on an old thread..(these things will destroy everything in their path!!)

Mormon Cricket aka DEAD MORMON CRICKET! LOL
(scouts are in Reno..Main cadre is in Central Nevada)..:puke2:
View attachment 826127
I had no idea crickets were so destructive. I heard one in my basement all week. Finally seen the fucker last night. It never got in my tent but now I don't feel bad about killing it lol

Top Bottom