Do homemade co2 generators work?

• Thread starter needshelpguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
needshelpguy

needshelpguy

That's 2 different questions. 1.Absolutely they work if your talking about the yeast diy ones.
2. That's very much depends on your lighting and if you have a sealed room.

if your thinking about it in a tent... It's a waste of time.
Oh yeah why so I've just got two plants and dont think they'll quite have filled the required space in the next 6 weeks and thats the longest i can leave them in vege so what would be the best way to speed up the vege cycle and fill the space?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Oh yeah why so I've just got two plants and dont think they'll quite have filled the required space in the next 6 weeks and thats the longest i can leave them in vege so what would be the best way to speed up the vege cycle and fill the space?
No good in a tent because of the ventilation fans and you can't stop using them or humidity and heat will be an issue.

All you can do is try to optimize your conditions and provide the most light you can. Switching to 24/0 light may help if you are lacking on the light.

Can't really give more specific information without all the details of your grow.

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

Im running 2x600w hps bulbs one per plant its on 24hr already so i can keep my heat more regulated was going to do 4 but the two grew a lot bigger by the time the clones rooted so i just stuck with two. Im in a tent 2.2m high 2.4m long and 2m wide

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Im running 2x600w hps bulbs one per plant its on 24hr already so i can keep my heat more regulated was going to do 4 but the two grew a lot bigger by the time the clones rooted so i just stuck with two. Im in a tent 2.2m high 2.4m long and 2m wide
All I can suggest then is VPD to maximize growth. With CO2 you would need to seal the tent add AC and dehumidifier in a small space you would definitely need controllers.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Veg 0.8-1.1 Early flower 1-1.4 Late flower 1.3-1.5
Clones and seedlings: 5,000–7,000 lux
Vegetative growth: 15,000–50,000 lux
Flowering: 45,000–65,000 lux
Maximum recommended amount of light: 75,000 lux
Please do some research VPD in general to help understand how other factors can
affect success and failure. Eg. Airflow can be the difference between getting mold
A good link is here: https://growersnetwork.org/cultivation/vpd-cannabis-cultivation/
https://www.questclimate.com/vapor-pressure-deficit-indoor-growing-part-1-vpd/
https://www.questclimate.com/vapor-pressure-deficit-indoor-growing-part-2-vpd-important/
https://www.questclimate.com/vapor-pressure-deficit-indoor-growing-part-3-different-stages-vpd/

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Use the info in the very last link to make your own calculator in excel

Its a lot of reading but its important to understand. The big part is the calucator. You can just punch in you number and bam you have the settings you need to achieve that VPD. I listed ideal VPD for stage of growth at the top.

Any questions just let me know

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

Increase light intenty to nearly flower levels and minimize stress. Otherwise, not much you can do to speed up a plants growth rate mid veg. Keep in mind theyll likely double In size after you flip, so you ready only want them to fill the room to 75-80% full anyway.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks much appreciated
You will need and infrared temp gun to use this. You can get em for about $15 on Amazon. Leaf temps are very important in the calculation. If not you gonna get the wrong info out of it and your humidity will be to high.

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

Increase light intenty to nearly flower levels and minimize stress. Otherwise, not much you can do to speed up a plants growth rate mid veg. Keep in mind theyll likely double In size after you flip, so you ready only want them to fill the room to 75-80% full anyway.
Thanks yeah the strain im growing is green crack first time growing it apparently it gets quite tall so hopefully will be able to bring some of the stretch horizontally to fill the space

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

You will need and infrared temp gun to use this. You can get em for about $15 on Amazon. Leaf temps are very important in the calculation. If not you gonna get the wrong info out of it and your humidity will be to high.
Cool thanks i'll look into that

Latest posts

Top Bottom