Do I continue feeding if I transplant to nutrient rich soil?

• Thread starter Growing420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Growing420

Growing420

Sup guys, I have seedlings in Fox Farm soil going on about week 4, I started feeding nutrients last week and there ready for a transplant now. My question is when I transplant to FFOF would I still have to continue feeding? Comon Scene tells me no but just wanted to get some advice for ppl that’s experienced. Thanks! Also should I transplant to 1 gals or 2 gals? There in solo cups rn

william76

william76

I'd wait a few days first of just water till ur sure the medium isn't to hot as is,if uv not used the soil b4 I would definitely wait a few days.76

BorealCuring

BorealCuring

Supporter
FF is ok for seedlings, but there really isn't much food in it. At 4 weeks I'd start feeding at half and keep a sharp eye on the bottom leaves. Any sign of yellowing is your cue to feed full strength with a veg fert. Don't hesitate because you can't fix a damaged leaf.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Sup guys, I have seedlings in Fox Farm soil going on about week 4, I started feeding nutrients last week and there ready for a transplant now. My question is when I transplant to FFOF would I still have to continue feeding? Comon Scene tells me no but just wanted to get some advice for ppl that’s experienced. Thanks! Also should I transplant to 1 gals or 2 gals? There in solo cups rn
If your medium already has nutrients in it, I would be very careful about adding additional nutrients until you know how it is going to react. I have seen a few strains that struggle in Fox Farms soils due to their high nutrient levels, but I guess it depends on the strain and the soil, since they come in different strengths. One thing to look out for is nutrient lockout, which can come from too much nutes in the soil. Some excess nutrients can cause toxic/burning effects, but some can change the nute availability over time, making it difficult to figure out where the problem lies.
My advice would be to try a small feeding, maybe 20% of full dose and see how the plants react. If you see a change, maybe bump it up a little. If you don't see any change, then you probably have enough nutes in the soil already. I feed about every 2 weeks and notice a difference after feeding, so I know that my plants were hungry. Like people, the trick is not to overeat. Keeps everything healthy.... but don't starve them either!

growsince79

growsince79

Imo you should not feed untill the plant gets hungry. Probably about three weeks. After report raise light a bit.

william76

william76

Yea after they're settled a day or 2 if there ok u cant start with the weakest of feeds and go from there upwards in small increments,once u kno the plants ok in the new soil/pot.76

growsince79

growsince79

Unless you plan on flipping to flower in two weeks, go with the bigger pots.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

No

Top Bottom