Do I ditch this or pluck the herms?

• Thread starter bestbudgrowtraining
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bestbudgrowtraining

bestbudgrowtraining

I have found a few pollen sacks. I accidentally left a UV light on in my photo tent for two days

I am now seeing a few lower bud sights getting Hermes out. I am planning on plucking those and seeing what happens since im in my third week of flower.

Have y’all had success plucking those spots that Hermes? I don’t see it on any other photos or areas on the plant. I’m also only seeing it on lower nodes which is odd. I thought I’d see it up too first.

The one pic is clearly pollen sacks. The other one that I drew on I’m not 100% on the bananas. I see the sack but are those bananas above it? Just want to make sure as this is the furthest I’ve been on a photo grow.

Do i ditch this or pluck the herms
Do i ditch this or pluck the herms 2
HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

It's not rare i have to deal with a few hermie per batch of seeds.
Most of the time it happen the first few weeks of flower mostly on nodes bottom of the canopy.

As long as the plant produce more actively calyx and pistil than males preflowers just keep a watchfull eye and remove them preferably before they are mature enough to open up and drop some pollen and you'll be fine.

bestbudgrowtraining

bestbudgrowtraining

It's not rare i have to deal with a few hermie per batch of seeds.
Most of the time it happen the first few weeks of flower mostly on nodes bottom of the canopy.

As long as the plant produce more actively calyx and pistil than males preflowers just keep a watchfull eye and remove them preferably before they are mature enough to open up and drop some pollen and you'll be fine.
I dumped the entire plant. Found four or five spots and yes on lower nodes but I don’t want to take any chances. I am sure I could have mashed through it but let’s see what the others do.

That was my best plant btw. I literally cried. I shed tears over a plant. I’m pretty upset tbh. Todays a bad day for me.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I dumped the entire plant. Found four or five spots and yes on lower nodes but I don’t want to take any chances. I am sure I could have mashed through it but let’s see what the others do.

That was my best plant btw. I literally cried. I shed tears over a plant. I’m pretty upset tbh. Todays a bad day for me.
Sad but necessary, it's always the most vigorous that seem to herm or be male. I have seen monster males outside

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

most hermie case can easily be deal with, lot of people don't know how to deal with hermie and spread the hermie fear ...

+ having some seeds is not the end of the world

but too late ...

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

if it was 5 spots this early in flower, sometimes it was for the good of the pack for it to be gone, you could have ended seeding everything or chasing your tails banana after banana, if its a cultivar that throw some odd bananas week 7to9 flower i would maybe consider keeping it if it was top shelf fire bud.

also check for light leaks or environment stress, its good to find the cause so it doesn't happen again. Or if was only shitty genetics.

anyways that's just my opinion.

bestbudgrowtraining

bestbudgrowtraining

if it was 5 spots this early in flower, sometimes it was for the good of the pack for it to be gone, you could have ended seeding everything or chasing your tails banana after banana, if its a cultivar that throw some odd bananas week 7to9 flower i would maybe consider keeping it if it was top shelf fire bud.

also check for light leaks or environment stress, its good to find the cause so it doesn't happen again. Or if was only shitty genetics.

anyways that's just my opinion.
I honestly don’t know what the plant was. It was from seeds I found in mag landrace so I really should have just bought seeds. I eventually did but wanted to see these through to the end. I just think it’s so cool that I got these seeds from my bud.

The only known photo I have right now is 10th planet and it’s so damn healthy it ain’t funny.

I know what the problem was: I left my UV light on inside the tent 2 hours after lights out for 3 days straight before finding it. So big time light leak

3cats

3cats

most hermie case can easily be deal with, lot of people don't know how to deal with hermie and spread the hermie fear ...

+ having some seeds is not the end of the world

but too late ...
Its not the few seeds on the hermie that scare me its contaminating the rest of my crop. Toss it is the only route imho you'll never get all the flowers off it and I don't want to be using a record album to roll seeds off before smoking my weed and I hate the taste of smoked seeds or popping out and burning my floor. I've been there and losing 1 plant is better than fseeding up the rest by taking a chance

bestbudgrowtraining

bestbudgrowtraining

I trash them if in veg or early flower stretch. If a couple pop up in late flower, I just pluck them and keep an eye on things.
Wow! Ty! So I ended up getting herms from other plants in the same tent and I start plucking them. They stopped popping up after a couple weeks.

The one on the left hermed and it’s one of my best looking plants as far as trichomes and density

03886203 CDCA 4C6C A1A3 50086BCD5221
WonkasTHC

WonkasTHC

Wow! Ty! So I ended up getting herms from other plants in the same tent and I start plucking them. They stopped popping up after a couple weeks.

The one on the left hermed and it’s one of my best looking plants as far as trichomes and density
Whats the breeder and strain on these? Always good to mention that as well, but a few balls to pluck off is no big deal especially if the plants produce bangin flower.

Latest posts

Top Bottom